Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:36 AM

You could tack weld a button head machine screw to the back of the mount. This would provide a stud for mounting the pipe.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeedsteel View Post
I fashioned up a small piece of tin that I glued in place where the mount rubs. Stops the mount digging a hole in the tank and you can't see it when the bike is assembled.
I took kinda the same approach.
I used a 3/4"x2 1/2" strip of sheet metal with a bolt hole in one end. Place the end with the hole between the bracket and the "nut" and then run the bolt in. Then fold the sheet metal down over the back of the "nut". It provides a smooth surface for the tank to rub against. I did also file down the back of the "nut" a bit too.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Brand new 2001 EC 300, I had to cut off the FMF pipe mount and re-position and reweld it to line up with the tank dent. P.-I.-T.-A$$

I replaced the hanger with a Kaw part made of steel and rubber as the stock alum. part broke after a fall. I guess I really didn't need it from what some have said above.