Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:09 AM

Question New Gasser!

Hello all, I just got my first GasGas bike, an 2001 EC300. My first thought was to trade it in for a four stroke bike. However, after riding this past week and seeing the way it handles at low rpms, and the power it has when I need it..... I think I'm a gasser for life. Wow what a machine. Here are a couple questions I have:

Where can I get an owners manual?
Where are these bikes made?
I have ordered some new gaskets where the exhaust mounts to the motor, (FMF Gnarly pipe) the reason is that it leaks a large amount of exhaust and allot of noise comes from that connection, also I am leaking a small amount of oil after it warms up at the same connection.... will the gaskets help my leaking problem?

Thanks, Birdman

Old 07-03-2007, 10:59 AM

alot of the older gassers had some problems on the exhaust flange thats mounted to the motor before the pipe,they can crack if the pipe takes a few good hits,they sell a much stronger replacement,if you cant see a crack on it,may just need new orings before you put on the pipe,just be sure the pipe fits pretty snug and isnt bent and the joint isnt lined up properly
Old 07-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Manufactured in Girona, Spain

www.gasgasmotos.es
Old 07-03-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Where can I get an owners manual?
Thanks, Birdman
i beleived not a lto changed from 01 to 06 so give this a try

1) got to www.gasgas.es and click english at the top in the little black bar

2) after it reloads in english click enduro on the left had side (not enduro FSE)

3) there's a little drop down box on the right hand side of the page. drop it down and select 2006

4) scroll down to the bottom of the page. there will be a service and a workshop manual. down load these

hope it works for you

Cheers
Old 07-04-2007, 06:38 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Birdman, congrats on the bike. Glad you love it.

I'm sure Fury1 is right on the exhaust flange. I broke the one on my bike and the pipe didn't even take a big hit, in fact I'm not even sure when it happened.

LTR is the company that makes the steel flange. It can be purchased from you GasGas dealer.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:59 PM

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

Birdman