Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 09-18-2015, 02:36 PM

Unhappy Piaggio NRG 50

Hi,
i know this is a GasGas community forum but i thought maybe you could help as i cant find help anywhere else.

I bought a Piaggio NRG 50cc Sport Series less than a month ago (2nd hand) and the electric start would work now and then.

was told i would need to replace the starter bendix so i scoured the web and found one that would fit my scooter and ordered it.

took the old one out and compared it to the new one and it looks the exact same so i went ahead and fitted it on the bike.

i put the casing back on and attempted to start the bike with the electric start but all i get is a quiet click sound every time i press the button and the oil light comes on.

I took the case off and made sure it was sitting correctly and tried the electric start with the case off and it worked perfectly.
i put the case back on and tried it again and got the exact same results as the 1st time.

any one have any idea how i can fix this as using the kick start is kind of annoying (1st world problems haha)

Old 09-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Photos ??
Old 09-18-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john r b View Post
Photos ??

i can provide a photo of the old bendix but i cant provide any other until the morning

Tags
50cc, bendix, ner, scooter