Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Unhappy 07 Crank bearing... NEED URGENT HELP.

Well I have managed to seize the bike today and after pulling it down it seems the needle bearing on the crank is completly smashed and seized.
We managed to get the outer bearing race out of the cases by welding a piece of steel across it and tapping heavily from the other side but stiil have to get the inner race off.Anyone got any ideas?
I did read while searching on here for answers that it is pushed on separate to the outer race??? is this true?
The main thing now is I am in URGENT need of part numbers or crossover numbers for the 07 bearings.
I am in a big rush too as it is sat night here now and I am meant to be leaving on tuesday morning for a week long riding trip ( has been organised for the last 6 months).
Any help would be very , very much appreciated.
The bearing has to be C3 type and from what I have read a M306 is a heavy duty equiv of the 6306.
Thanking you in advance,
A very anxious Mark...

Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Banned

Mark.You might have to use a small zip cuter like a Dremel, starting with thin relief cuts , had to do this on my 200 and managed to save the crank. Good luck
Old 05-22-2010, 10:23 AM

weld a bead around it and it will almost fall off (if there is room). I do this on carrier bearings on differentials. Wire feed is best.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 05-22-2010, 02:33 PM

Like widedear says.I've used a grinder with a cutting wheel and slowly/carefully grind a flat on that inner race until the pressure is releived.Then lever off with screwdriver.
Bearing no's I don't know.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the help guys.
We are on the right track then.
We have currently welded tags on the race and tried levering it off with a bearing puller....(didn't work).
Our next option was either grinding carefully or dremelling but wondered if there was a better way?
I am still in need of replacement bearing numbers and bearing types.
Mine has a caged ball bearing one side and a needle roller the other( this was the one that disintergrated).
Once again thankyou and if anyone could help with the numbers or aftermarket bearings , that would be great.
Cheers Mark
Old 05-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Site Sponsor

i have always used a dremel. cut many small slices (not all the way through) until it loosens up enough to get off. sometimes a quick hit of mapp gas after it's sliced will free it up..

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-22-2010, 03:52 PM

Thanks Stainless, will give it a go.
Cheers Mark
Old 05-22-2010, 04:03 PM

the easiest way to get the inner race off the crank is with a clam shell style bearing puller , it gets behind the race and pulls it right off.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:14 PM

Thanks Mxdj,
We did try this , but had to weld tags on the race to get behind as the bearing is hard up against the lobe.
As of yet this did not work.The bearing was completely destroyed and this inner race has basically welded itself I think.
Cheers Mark
Old 05-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wence View Post
Thanks Mxdj,
We did try this , but had to weld tags on the race to get behind as the bearing is hard up against the lobe.
As of yet this did not work.The bearing was completely destroyed and this inner race has basically welded itself I think.
Cheers Mark
The weld trick only works is you are welding inside the bore of a bearing. If you weld the outside of the inner race while it is still on the shaft all you will do is shrink it on tighter.
You are most likely at the point now where you will have to cut it off with a small cutoff wheel.

You might also want to take the crank to a machine shop to have it checked to make sure it still runs true. Heat applied to only one side of a shaft will cause distortion.