Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Default Looking for someone in the USA to build a motor.

I have a 200 motor that needs a crank rebuild and looking for someone to put the motor back together so all I have to do is put it back in the bike and go.

PM me if you can do this and estimated price.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:05 PM

If you can take it in and out of the bike you can rebuild it. I have done it 3 times now, the rear linkage or a clutch job on the car is more of a pain than rebuilding the bike. I spent some time last go round getting the crank perfectly centered between the cases, it came out with very little vibes and noise, unlike my newer 07.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:23 PM

I did it last year on my 06 300 last year with help from people from here!Engine is strong even after a year of Harescrambles no noise leaks or anything else.Just do it and put the$1000 towards something else like tires and fuel.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:45 PM

I have had No luck with 2 strokes and just would like to see what someone would charge me before I dive into it.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator

For the crank itself - I would highly recommend Ron & RB-designs. I would see if Les @ LT-Racing has time to do the motor for you, but he is pretty slammed with suspension work right now -> check with Ron to see if he will do the whole motor for you... Either Ron or Les or more than over-qualified to do this for you.

It might help if you let folks know which part of the country you are located.

jeff
Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

the dealer here in Memphis can do it for you, & he or I could meet you at West Point to get the motor & take it back & save you from shipping it. You want me to ask for a quote?