Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2009, 08:45 AM

Default 1st Trials Bike Recommendations

I'm looking to get my 1st ever trials bike and wondering if anyone here can offer up some tips for my search and steer me towards the right size/model bike. I'm looking to purchase a decent quality used bike, but not sure how old of machines I should consider and what things I should consider when considering a used trials bike.

A bit about me: I'm 52 and have been riding since age 9, with an 18yr break thrown in the middle there, almost entirely off-road. I've got an enduro and dual sport bike now, so my intention with the trials bike is to play and enhance my obstacle skills for the heavy bikes. I do an enduro event here and there, turkey runs, dual-sport rides, etc. At 6'2" tall and 200lbs I'm certainly not Raga or Bou-like in stature, so not sure how I'll get along with one brand vs. another. I assume rider setup is somewhat similar with these bikes as with anything else.

Thanks in advance for any advice.