Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 06-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Site Sponsor

Post Motosportz Steering Damper Review

We had Mr Gravenish do a review on the stabilizer....thought I'd post it for all. Thanks for doing this Tom.

I agreed to do a review of the Motosportz steering dampener. This is the first dampener that I have owned, so I cannot compare it to any competitors.

My first impression of the unit was very positive. The construction appears very clean and solid with excellent fit and finish.

Installation was relatively easy.
The upper fork clamp must be removed to install the stabilizer frame clamp.
I recommend doing this with the bike on the side stand to prevent the forks from dropping.
The steering head bearing dust cover must be cut down to allow room for the clamp. Since it is nylon, it is easily cut - I trimmed it with a utility knife.
The stabilizer frame clamp covers the gas cap vent hose end fitting. I solved this problem by removing the fitting and replacing the vent hose with a short straight hose with vented cap (see photo).
The stabilizer is mounted on a base that replaces the handlebar clamps. I initially received the wrong size, but Motospotz promptly sent me the correct base after I notified them. The fit is perfect.
My only concern regarding the overall fit is that the actuator pin is nearly fully extended, but, so far, this does not seem to be a problem.
The black and chrome finish of the stabilizer looks great with the black bars and blue plastics on the EC300.
The whole installation process can be done in less than an hour - probably much faster by an experienced mechanic.
I have attached several pictures.

Application.
As I said, I have had 2 rides with it installed. One was about 40 km, the other 90 km, both with a lot of single track and some loose and sandy trails.
At first I noticed the resistance, and played with the settings. I have settled on leaving it in the middle most of the time, and find that it does not slow me down in tight single track, but still gives me adequate stability in fast, straight sections. I really like the way it helps you hold the line on loose and sandy trails. Really gives you confidence.
I have hit several good sized rocks head-on and have virtually no wheel deflection.
I feel that I can ride for longer periods with less fatigue.
I think that this stabilizer works great and I wouldn't want to ride without a stabilizer again.
Time will tell how well this product lasts.

Hope this feedback is of value.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 PM

Nice review.

I have one on my TM and love it. Looks like something Darth Vader would have on his bike.

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280
Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 PM

What is the year of bike? Do you have any pics? Thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 09:51 PM

My bike is an 06 EC300.
My pictures are too large to post here, but if you send me your email address, I will forward the photos.

Tom Gravenish
tgravenish@cogeco.ca
Old 07-07-2008, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a nice setup. Doesn't look like it will work with a big tank though. TW
Old 11-15-2009, 05:47 PM

Default motosportz dampner

had one on a 03 mc for 2 years now , its worked great and its good looking ! made a deal on an 09 300 so i called motosports up to see if it would switch over to the new bike they said yes so i called again to send it back to check & get serviced . they said send it in so they could check it so i did a week and a half later got it back they made an upgrade to it with a new bottom plate & total overhaul. in the box was no bill for service or shipping just a note [enjoy your new bike ] wow !!! how often does that happen?? so support this produuct its great & the customer support is even better
Old 11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Thanks for the review guys.
Cheers Mark