Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Default GasGas Pictures dont match?

both on the gasgasoffroad website, and on the indymoto website, the pictures for certain bikes do not match up. there is, for instance, no picture of any version of an ec125. all of the pictures of the six days models are ec250 six days, all of the racing models are ec300s. has anybody else noticed this? im just curious of the reason for this. did the factory not release pictures of the 125?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:28 PM

Been that way for years. They never seem to get the 200 or 125 correct and always use the 250/300 pics. Ok, yeah they look similar but come on GG use the right bike in pics. How hard can that be really
Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
How hard can that be really
Tell me about it! If I'm dishing out my hard earned money... I want to see what I'm really getting.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Been that way for years. They never seem to get the 200 or 125 correct and always use the 250/300 pics. Ok, yeah they look similar but come on GG use the right bike in pics. How hard can that be really
It's quite possible that they haven't produced any of the 125s or 200s by the time it comes to take photos - the pics of the 2011 250/300 were out in June or July weren't they - but it would be nice if they updated the gallery once the production run has happened.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 PM

i first noticed it on the new ggor website, so it is understandable that they would not have had pics of the 125 yet. and im sure that they have significantly more important things on their plate than updating the website. i was just curious to see if anybody else had noticed, and if there was any speculation as to why. the bikes not being in production at the time of pictures makes alot of sense.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

GG has done this for the last couple of years.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Gg 125

The 125's I ordered are six days and the MSRP is $6899. About the pictures, The 125 six days should look like the six day models. The 125 six day has Renthal twin wall handlebars, hand protectors, Racing pro grip, 45mm marzocchi forks, Ohlins 888 rear shock, Galfer wave rotors, quick release brake pads, radiator protector, nickel plated exhaust, GG 2T silencer, Super sprox, and quick release axle.I cannot wait to get them. The 125 market has been overlooked far to long.

http://www.centralkentuckycompetition.com
Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
both on the gasgasoffroad website, and on the indymoto website, the pictures for certain bikes do not match up. there is, for instance, no picture of any version of an ec125. all of the pictures of the six days models are ec250 six days, all of the racing models are ec300s. has anybody else noticed this? im just curious of the reason for this. did the factory not release pictures of the 125?
This is Cam with Indymoto. We went live with the website the day after we got the GasGas deal done and pictures and specs availability were a bit problematic. I would expect Clay will work on getting this information gap fixed in the future. Clay did assemble a spec sheet that let us know what is on each model ie. bars, rad guards...... Realize Clay has done more for GasGas in the last 60 days than we have seen in the the last however many years. I know he will continue to build the brand and we look forward to being part of it. Do me a favor if our website has a flaw in its information feel free to give me a call. Cam 317-873-5502. maybe we cut and paste to much to easily.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:11 AM

well see when i looked at your website it was exactly the same as the ggor site. like the six days bikes are all 250s, the racing is a 300, or something like that. no big deal i was just curious if anybody knew why? oh well.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

I had a discussion with the sales manager from Spain two weeks ago about this very subject. He acknowledged that GG has a bad habit of sending one photo to represent all of the cc sizes in that segment and pledged to fix this in the future.
At GG Off Road US, we have been so busy shipping motorcycles and then invoicing them that we haven't had a chance to upgrade the website. We shipped 83 motorcycles in a 24 hours and then had to invoice them. Since this was the first time we had done any invoicing, we had to decide the layout and verbage, etc. Sorry we're behind and will try to get this all done.

nhrider.....since we are bringing in so many more units, you may be able to touch the motorcycle before you buy it! it may actually be in stock!
Clay