Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:25 AM

Default Bought my first Gasgas last night

I've ridden dirt bikes before, but have been spending my time most recently on dual sports. I miss tackling tight technical single track though, so I'd been on the lookout for something European and two stroke.

I snagged a 2011 EC 300 six days. There are a few things I need to address before it's totally ready to rip. The clutch master cylinder is leaky (already ordered a rebuild kit). I would also like to get some hand guards. Down the road, I'll get new plastics/graphics, but I'm focusing on more functional things for now.

Any recommendations on that stuff or in general? Looking forward to taking this beast!

Old 03-27-2019, 07:33 AM

Congrats, and welcome to the club! Lets see some pics.
If your looking for full wrap hand guards, by far my favourite are the Cycra CRM.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:44 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyArgyle View Post
I've ridden dirt bikes before, but have been spending my time most recently on dual sports. I miss tackling tight technical single track though, so I'd been on the lookout for something European and two stroke.

I snagged a 2011 EC 300 six days. There are a few things I need to address before it's totally ready to rip. The clutch master cylinder is leaky (already ordered a rebuild kit). I would also like to get some hand guards. Down the road, I'll get new plastics/graphics, but I'm focusing on more functional things for now.

Any recommendations on that stuff or in general? Looking forward to taking this beast!

Very cool! Many consider the '11 SixDays to be the best Gasser ever built pre-2018...
Hand Guards are kinda subjective. Most guys run either Cyrca ProBends or EnduroEngineering EVO's. They both work great but I prefer the look of the BarkBuster JET's and I had the extra coin to spend on them anyways. I also have the Emperor Racing mounts to clean up my bars. (Similar to BONZ)
Just get something popular and name brand and you'll be good.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:55 PM

Honestly for the money I would run these ebay hand guards. I know people will scoff and laugh, but 2 years and an enduro nothing bent or broken and you can get them to your door for about $30 direct from China as long as you don't mind waiting for them to show up. I bought them for my new bike, too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handguard-H...72.m2749.l2649
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018 yard.jpg (125.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190319_132923.jpg (127.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 03-28-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman_55792 View Post
Honestly for the money I would run these ebay hand guards. I know people will scoff and laugh, but 2 years and an enduro nothing bent or broken and you can get them to your door for about $30 direct from China as long as you don't mind waiting for them to show up. I bought them for my new bike, too.

Awesome. I usually go with tusk products, but I thought it was dumb to have to buy separate mounts for 1 1/8 bars. My DRZ has fastway hand guards, and they're bent on one side from a fall. Those were about 4x the cost of what you posted. If the eBay ones do the job at a quarter there price...

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2019, 01:46 PM

Here's a pic from on the way home. I took her out last night, but got too confident in my wheelies haha. I looped and the bike fell on its right side. As it fell, the kick start (which I noticed was kind of floppy) swung out and the bike fell on it, breaking the base. I've got a new one in the mail (with the screw and ball bearing I discovered were missing and probably the cause of the floppiness). I doubt that stuff will get here before the weekend, but I'll post some more pics whenever I get to ride it again!

Also, my seat has a tear. Any tips on fixing it or preventing it from getting worse?

Old 03-28-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyArgyle View Post
Here's a pic from on the way home. I took her out last night, but got too confident in my wheelies haha. I looped and the bike fell on its right side. As it fell, the kick start (which I noticed was kind of floppy) swung out and the bike fell on it, breaking the base. I've got a new one in the mail (with the screw and ball bearing I discovered were missing and probably the cause of the floppiness). I doubt that stuff will get here before the weekend, but I'll post some more pics whenever I get to ride it again!

Also, my seat has a tear. Any tips on fixing it or preventing it from getting worse?

YZ250 Kickstarters are also a direct swap.
YZ250F's will do in a pinch but don't sit right.

As for the seat just order a new cover and bring it to any upholstery shop to install if you don't feel comfortable doing yourself.

You can get covers at lots of places. Seat Concepts or Guts would be the first two places I'd look.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Those might actually be Cyrca Probends that are being sold out the back door of the factory before the branding is put on them.. Does it say "Probend" on the black side plastic?

I know someone is selling the Zeta guards out the back door on AliExpress. They are IDENTICAL and even have the "Z" from Zeta moulded into the plastic, but none of the stickers or lasering that Zeta does. I dislike Zeta guards as I've found they bend too easily, but the knockoffs are a cheap option for supermoto guys and they look great.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Rick View Post
Those might actually be Cyrca Probends that are being sold out the back door of the factory before the branding is put on them.. Does it say "Probend" on the black side plastic?

I know someone is selling the Zeta guards out the back door on AliExpress. They are IDENTICAL and even have the "Z" from Zeta moulded into the plastic, but none of the stickers or lasering that Zeta does. I dislike Zeta guards as I've found they bend too easily, but the knockoffs are a cheap option for supermoto guys and they look great.
These are a Probend copy, but no branding at all. The bar end inserts aren't the greatest, but work pretty well. They tend to fit a little loose in a ln aluminum bar, though they do tighten up fine.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:

Yep I run the same type. $45AU delivered.