Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I'm getting more and more feedback from western riders and our dealers, who want to ride in the Gunnison area.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:52 AM

Well guys...and girls, Spoke with Bill Farrell at length last night, and he is throwing his support behind hosting a "Gas Gas Get Together". The best time according to Bill, would be this fall (Octoberish) in Bend / China Hat. Said he could easily put together 100 miles per day for 3 straight days, if not more.

All things considered, we have 2 strong dealers there (Bills and Gran Prix) so having a good turn out shouldn't be a problem. We still have time to talk and plan...but how does this sound to ya'll?

Would still like to do something in the Gunnison area, and will make some calls later next week, to test the waters.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Well guys...and girls, Spoke with Bill Farrell at length last night, and he is throwing his support behind hosting a "Gas Gas Get Together". The best time according to Bill, would be this fall (Octoberish) in Bend / China Hat. Said he could easily put together 100 miles per day for 3 straight days, if not more.

All things considered, we have 2 strong dealers there (Bills and Gran Prix) so having a good turn out shouldn't be a problem. We still have time to talk and plan...but how does this sound to ya'll?

Would still like to do something in the Gunnison area, and will make some calls later next week, to test the waters.
Dang I better pack the camper and start saving for fuel!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
Dang I better pack the camper and start saving for fuel!
Don't forget to bring LOTS of peanut butter Fred!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
China Hat is definitely a great area to hit with a big group of people, it would be next to impossible to explore all the terrain available in 3 days, even at 100 miles per day

For the folks that like to ride desert terrain, it's perfect. There isn't as much single track as what you'll find in the coast range (where I spend 95% of my time as it's only 1 hour away), but there's plenty of great stuff to hit. I prefer the southern end as it offers more technical riding and fewer whoops, quad-width stuff.

If you want an idea, here are a couple vids from a long weekend trip we did there last year (hoping to get another one together for later this spring too).

Short clip from some open stuff being chased by one of my buds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzFK4UWfGg

Here's a decent technical bit through a rock garden (GoPro doesn't do the rocks justice...lol):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfUiWD0n-JY

And here's some fun fast stuff ripping along one of the quad-width trails:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHKkIzh8GA

Old 03-26-2015, 06:21 PM

Good video Liv2day. Certainly looks fast enough!