Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default First ride on the 300 A boy on a mans bike

Lets hope this is not a sighn of things to come.

I am in the basement puttting chairs together for the holiday gatherings, Looking at the new 300 I get the brainstorm to ride it around the yard a bit. Just warm it up, burn up the gas in the carb that has been sitting a week. I have rode the bike a total off 100 yards until today. I push it out side, Three solid kicks and it is running. No gear on, I ride it down the street 2 house lengths to the very large culdasac. Short shift through 4 gears or so. Grab a little brake to turn around and head back and gear up.

Next thing I know I am on the ground, ,bloody road rash to hands and knees, bent up ankle, really w.t.f. I manage to lockup the brakes and not let off for 10 feet untill I was on the ground. Has it really come to this, I am that burnt that when the front wheel starts to slide I cant even let off the brake??? Again WTF,

The neighbor looking out the window that is 100 yards away, I sure was saying look at that idiot, 47 years old and he crashed in the street like a 5 year old just off training wheels. He will have a good laugh with me when we talk next

40 foot wide turn around at 10 miles per hour was bad, cant wait to see 40 miles per hour 10 inches from trees.

Happy Holidays
ED

Last edited by Ed Ventura; 12-23-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Sig