Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 01-06-2015, 08:30 PM

Default San Manuel, AZ - New Years day

Just thought I would share a short vid of my new years day ride. We had some real winter weather roll in on us the night before so we ended up with some epic riding conditions.

Nothing super special about this vid other than the story behind it. See, I lost my Gopro out of it's protective case a little over 5 minutes in to the ride. My fault as I didn't get the case locked. Tried finding it, but with all the snow on the ground, I had no luck. Figured it was lost forever. Luckily, a friend of a friend of a friend found it a few days later and connected the dots back to me! So, I'm pretty freakin happy to have it, and the video, back and it works!

Note: I don't normally add music to my vids as I prefer to just hear the bike(s). However, since my Gopro was rattling in it's case, I add some low background music to help distract from the rattle noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLwJG5RiOWI&list=UUsIEUsgPHZApekTk4DbAvwg

'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220

Old 01-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
Just thought I would share a short vid of my new years day ride. We had some real winter weather roll in on us the night before so we ended up with some epic riding conditions.
Nice

How awesome that someone found your GoPro after it took a tumble out of the case Pretty funny to hear your buddy ride by after it left the premises too.

The combination of open terrain and sky/clouds is fantastic - looks like you could go on riding forever. How was traction in the snowy parts - lose the front end? When we rode up to one of the high points in the coast range with snow, my front end was all over the place - all I could do to keep from taking a header...lol.

Great vid and sweet riding area, bet once that snow melts down and there's moisture in the soil, traction will be absolutely perfect
Old 01-07-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
Nice

How awesome that someone found your GoPro after it took a tumble out of the case Pretty funny to hear your buddy ride by after it left the premises too.

The combination of open terrain and sky/clouds is fantastic - looks like you could go on riding forever. How was traction in the snowy parts - lose the front end? When we rode up to one of the high points in the coast range with snow, my front end was all over the place - all I could do to keep from taking a header...lol.

Great vid and sweet riding area, bet once that snow melts down and there's moisture in the soil, traction will be absolutely perfect
Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty funny to hear my buddy ride by. It recorded another two riders come by about 20 minutes later as well! I ended up with over 2 hours of "snow cam"!

On the traction, actually, it was great! The ground underneath wasn't frozen (well, if it was it was very thin) so the bikes were gripping good. It was funny as the bikes were great everywhere except the washes. For some reason we all were having a tough time in them and we are all B or better riders. Traction has been great down here for over a month now. We have had just enough rain to keep the dust down and make riding a blast!
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 01-07-2015, 07:08 PM

I am surprised that gopro survived in the snow out of its case. That's pretty awesome

How often do you get snow in AZ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
I am surprised that gopro survived in the snow out of its case. That's pretty awesome

How often do you get snow in AZ?
Yeah, I was shocked that it still worked. I guess they really are built pretty tough.

As for the snow, we see some flurries once or twice each winter but normally nothing like this in Tucson. Last time we had snow cover the city was back in '98 or '99 on Easter so it is kind of special when it happens. The higher elevations, like where we were riding, sees some accumulation each year.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220