Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:46 PM

Default Factory Gas Gas US race report

GASGAS RIDER BROC HEPLER TACKLES TOUGH LIKE RORR

LOS ANGELES, CA. (July 2nd & 3rd 2016) ? GasGas Factory U.S. rider, Broc Hepler put the extreme enduro world on notice that GasGas is coming back stronger than ever with a solid top ten performance at the 2nd annual TOUGH LIKE RORR event in Tamaque, PA on July 2nd & 3rd. With over 5 hours of racing on some of most grueling terrain in PA this race truly tested man and machine. Hepler came out with an 8th place finish against a stacked field of talented riders beating some top factory riders in the process. Just finishing the event was victory for most, but to place in the top Ten in his first try at this style event was beyond our expectations.

Hepler said, "My Factory GAS GAS EC300 worked very well for the rocky conditions. Tough Like RORR needs a more treacherous name to do the event justice. It was a great event that the club put on with spectator viewing spots and fresh tight trail. With the super technical conditions mixed with the 5 hours of race time I felt a bit of out of my league but the experience was all in all a good one. If you want a difficult race with long laps then this is for you."

Team Manager Johnny Barber said, "I'm excited to see Hepler trying some different style events. I know races like Tough Like RORR aren't his forte but it just goes to show how well rounded of a rider he really is. To come out your first time riding this style of an event and place in the top 10 is incredible to me. I think this event was a good experience for him as he continues to progress as a top off-road contender."

Thanks to all of our sponsors Gas Gas Motos, Lunova Group, 6DHelmets, Super B Lithium batteries, Tri-State Powersports, Shift Racing, SCOTT Motosports, Golden Tyre USA, FMF Racing, Spectro Oils, HBD Graphics, Numbers Brewing Company, P3 Composites, LLC, PR2 Suspension, Mika Metals, Bullet Proof Designs, G2 Ergonomics and Seat Concepts"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.8 KB, 34 views)

Old 07-04-2016, 06:05 PM

Top ten finish is amazing against that level of competition....Nice job!!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 07-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I watched as the first 15 or so guys came up the Stairways to Heaven most of them were the best riders . The next 35 riders were AA or A RIDERS AND THEY STRUGGLED ! Broc rolled through 3 times like he LOVED those ROCKS and let me tell you there were not to many riders that did that . By the 3rd lap the riders that did come up the Strairway was struggling for the most part but Broc came rite on through . My 2015 300 is made for those conditions and if I could trade bodies with a young rider in shape I would ride the Stairways To Heaven ! Great Job Broc !
Old 07-06-2016, 04:08 AM

This is fantastic. Next year I may have to come watch

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife