Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 11-05-2006, 01:15 AM

Default workout

i do David Knight style workout too.

I try to burn over 20 liter of fuel every single week with the gasgas. Normal is about 25 - 30 liter /week.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:52 AM

Not to pitch the company I work for or anything, but we just published "Motocross and Off-Road Training Handbook". It's actually a fairly good read and directed straight at us. You can get it wherever books are sold. I'd be willing to buy a bunch myself and send them to interested parties. I think I can employee purchase them for $5.

Check it out:
http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/Prod...ails_32780.ncm
Old 11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergasser View Post
Not to pitch the company I work for or anything, but we just published "Motocross and Off-Road Training Handbook". It's actually a fairly good read and directed straight at us. You can get it wherever books are sold. I'd be willing to buy a bunch myself and send them to interested parties. I think I can employee purchase them for $5.

Check it out:
http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/Prod...ails_32780.ncm
I have what I think is an early publication of this book and it's very good. I'd be interested in updating if your offering Darrick
Old 11-07-2006, 09:37 PM

The book is a brand new publication for us. I know there is an earlier book that is similar, but this is all new info. My only regret with this book is that it doesn't have weekly routine sheets in it. I did however ask the author about it and he said he'd gladly set one up. JTT, send me your address and I'll send you a copy and you can give your opinion on the book.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I am 37 years young! For me, riding is the most important training tool. If I don't ride for a while, say more than a week or two I don't feel comfortable the next time I throw a leg over the bike.The day after I finally do ride I am way more sore than I would have been if I did ride sooner. I think riding works muscles differently than other means of exercise, as I have tried exercise and still was just as sore. I think cardio type exercise is probably the best exercise to add to your routine and then actually going out and doing the thing your exercising for as much as possible, RIDING!
I ride and race every chance I get! I compete in the NMA Enduro and Off-Road series and enter some other events also. At least once a week I'm on my Gasser but usually more.I always ride at least for 40 to 55 miles an outing if not more of tough physically demanding type terrain.This last week and weekend I rode 3 days straight arrowing,Preriding and sweeping our clubs Black Bear Enduro.The course was 80+ miles of tough wet Washington single track.It whipped my butt, but will make this weekends race seem less tough. So I figure I should do well at this weekends White Knuckle Hare scrambles held at Reiter trails.This may be the most technical riding in the state, if not country.The trails are nothing but roots and rocks in places it would be hard to fit more of either in the trail.They hold several observed trials events there and It has been flooding in our area the last week and now the snow level has dropped.The creek crossings will be deep cold and swift and there will probably be snow on top, it 'll be a tough race. A race where Gas Gas motorcycles Shine!I wouldn't miss it for the world!
Just remember listen to your body, it'll tell you what you need to do to improve your stamina!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 PM

Default workout

Anyone wanting to increase their fitness should check out www.crossfit.com . This is by far the best program ever devised. I can ride at full bore hours and feel great afterwords. It looks a little different at first but just give it a chance.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM

turning 47 Tuesday and going to start my regular program of treadmill 30min weights 30 min rotate upper body, lower body 4 days a week start tuesday off Saturday ride or race Sunday rest Monday and do again.
for nutrition I drink protein drink before and after workout and take a product made by Muscletech called GAKIC Man this stuff works especially if you peter out towards the end of your work outs or rides.
So far as weights first then treadmill I read in Mascle and fitness its better to hit the weights then treadmill.
I start my workouts at 4:00AM so its safer for me to do the treadmill first, gives me more time to wake up before the weights.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:03 PM

I'll second bronco-hunter on crossfit. I've only been on it a little over 6 weeks, and haven't had a chance to race since starting, but I can tell it's gonna do great things for me. I came off bigger-faster-stronger to start crossfit. Crossfit definately looks different from most everything out there, but they've got good reasons for the things they do. I don't know of another program out there that's as well rounded.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM

In order to be in the best shape for racing, I will work 1st on my stamina. I like to mix up the aerobic stuff, but anything that gets you heart rate up and keeps it there should do. I liked to move between the rowing machine,
stationary bike, stair machine and the versa-climber. I spent more time on the stairs than anything and I could ride as hard as possible for 2 hours and feel good after the race.

I followed the cardio workouts with free weights (dumbells). I would start with 40 lb dumbells and work my way down to push my limits without much chance at damage. It's amazing that 5 lb. dumbells can feel so heavy.

On top of the workouts, your riding technique can be tweeked to make you possibly a better rider along with saving energy. Once your legs are stronger, you can stand more and waste less energy going from sitting to standing.

2005 GasGas EC300 (Ohlins front and rear)
2007 Yamaha FZ1
2003 Pampera 280(hers)
Old 08-07-2008, 02:46 PM

Well,, I'm in PT 3 days a week for 2hrs a time,, goes like this,, 18-22 minutes on treadmill, incline 12, speed 2.6, then arm bike, level5, 12 minutes change direction every 2 minutes. Then stationary bike, 12-15, level 5 hills, rpm staying in 75-85. Then stretched out.. Then, weights, leg press 220#, seated row 70#, Lat pulldown 110# all either set of 30 or 2-15's. Then onto the rowing machine, a concepts 2,, I want one for home! 20 minutes level 8 4000meters.. Then heatpack on the back/neck 15 minutes then home,, also some core stuff on an excersize ball for off days.. Soon back on two wheels!!