Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-14-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Air Box restricter.

I've been told that there is a restricter plate in the airbox of the 450 FSE. Tonight I took both of my side plates off, and removed the air-filter, and I see nothing that resembles a retricter in there! Is it maybe that screen thats mounted to the filter cage? Anybody out there know? I was told to remove it for better performance.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:50 PM

The screen is to prevent backfires from melting the filter foam. I doubt it restricts the airflow much. Certainly not as much as a melted filter would. The Honda Baja team leaves the screen in their bikes.
If you do find a way to get more air into your engine keep an eye on your spark plug. You'll be leaning the mixture. More air will only give more power if you give it more fuel (rejet) and a bigger outlet (open up the exhaust).
Sorry I don't have any specific details. I don't have an FSE.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The restrictor is a plastic plate that goes between the filter and the mounting and it blocks off most airflow. You would see it if it was there. I've never had a bike here that it was installed it was always in a bag with other parts in the crate.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:06 PM

I couldn't imagine that they would want people to remove the screen! That's the only thing that I could see in there, and I wasn't about to cut that out! What other parts came in the crate with the 05's? My dealer is giving me an FMF pipe and midpipe, and a fanny pack, that was packed inside, but he couldn't remember what else came with it.....was there any other goodies?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuiver View Post
I couldn't imagine that they would want people to remove the screen! That's the only thing that I could see in there, and I wasn't about to cut that out! What other parts came in the crate with the 05's? My dealer is giving me an FMF pipe and midpipe, and a fanny pack, that was packed inside, but he couldn't remember what else came with it.....was there any other goodies?
Don't let the dealer make you think he is "giving" that FMF pipe and mid pipe to you, it's what comes stock on an '05. If anything, he could give you that semi-worthless Krieger pipe that has no spark arrestor. The only other goody would be a lower profile license plate mount that might have come with it. I think it looks better than that big, low hanging mount.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Each bike came wit a little bit of different stuff, such as some had mirrors, others didnt.