Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Starting problem

Hi

Just done an enduro on my 2005 EC & was having problems starting when hot. Found the headlight was switched on, it started fine when this was switched off. The obvious cure is not to have the headlight switched on but I didn't know if this was a sign of an underlying problem, or is this just normal?
Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:08 PM

is it a factory light, or aftermarket, and has the stator been changed?
could be that you have a light(bulb) that is is rated a little too high, it might be sucking juice from your ignition. i noticed when i hooked up my lights it has a little bit weaker spark, takes longer to warm up, although it never seemed to make it hard to start. i have a 35 watt stator, and 45 watts worth of lights!

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain thumper View Post
is it a factory light, or aftermarket, and has the stator been changed?
could be that you have a light(bulb) that is is rated a little too high, it might be sucking juice from your ignition. i noticed when i hooked up my lights it has a little bit weaker spark, takes longer to warm up, although it never seemed to make it hard to start. i have a 35 watt stator, and 45 watts worth of lights!
Thanks mountain thumper its all standard lights and stator .It was very wet and muddy typical summer weather here. I'm out this weekend going to try a new plug and cap first and disconnect the head light and see how it goes