Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Pampera 450 Opinions

Hi everyone, I have an EC200 and an opportunity has arisen to purchase an 06 Pampa 450. I have always ridden 2 strokes and have been uming and arring whether to swap sides, but htis way i can have the best of both worlds. I love the bike but i hear 2 completely diffrent opinions about the suspension...to soft or to hard. Im just a trailrider not a aggressive enduro racer so I htought if anyone has one and provide there review or opinion it would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan

Old 12-11-2007, 03:13 AM

If you just trail ride the suspention is fine.
The bike is great and would show up bikes costing 2 & 3k more than the Pampera, and lets face it, most people get some suspention work done anyway.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 PM

You wont regret it. Bought a new 400 pampera last year and done over 8000 k on it so far. Once you get the jetting tuned right it will start easy run well and the smile wont leave your face. Used to do a lot of trail, worked as a contractor for national parks but the bike can rip it up when you want. Been doing a bit of adventure riding around the Adelaide hills lately and have managed to really upset a lot of road bikes. They don't like it when they can't outrun a 'farm bike'.
I've broken nothing but everything is guarded up. Maintenance is easy and typical for a thumper. Parts are easy to get however I get most direct from the UK.
Easy to ride, heaps of linear power from the bottom right up to redline, light and flickable and with crossover tyres you can cruise easily at 100+.
Seat is way too hard, your butt will look like the Japanese flag after 200k but the seat is wider than most other similar size bikes and is easy to re-foam. I also added a sheepskin for those hot days.