Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default Ride Report TTX vs 888

Well after putting in my usual 140km loop this morning, I can say that I'm shattered! Both shocks running 5.4 rate springs with 10mm preload. The 888 was far too stiff and harsh on everything but firetrail. I miss my TTX and can't wait to get it back. It'll be even better than it was after a revalve to address the high speed circuits being too stiff! I admit I was a bit lazy and didn't check the sag measurements but it seems to sag alright under its own weight and more when I jump on it. It soaks up trail trash alright, but as soon as I hit anything choppy or edgy it was like getting rheemed.

I was also amazed how much influence it had over the forks and their action. They became very intimidating as every time I'd hit a series of rough sections the rear wheel would be kicking up, unloading and then putting all the weight onto the forks which then had to work for two. Its really hard to put the power down when the back wheel won't stay in contact too! The amount of body language and strength that was required trying to weight the back end and row the bike over every bump in the trail has left my arms feeling like i've been on the bike for a week!

I've got a sore bum and miss my TTX