Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:26 PM

Default EC300 Ride Report

Yesterday was my first good ride on my new 07 300. We've had a lot of rain here in the Ohio River Valley during the last month. My first 2 rides were very, very muddy. With the mud, I didn't feel I had a true impression of the bike.

Yesterday, on my third ride I went to Little Egypt Off-road Park near Crab Orchard, IL. www.leormc.org. They were hosting an enduro today, so the trials were marked for the race. It was an awesome day of riding and I love the new bike. I've decided this will be the last time I'll ride for the next 6-7 weeks, as my wife is due with our second child in 3 weeks.

I'm coming from a WR250f, so obviously I need to get used to the power, but it is very controllable. I do tend to try to ride it like the 250f. It will pull from down low a gear or 2 high, like a four-stroke. However, as you are revving it out from down low (lazy 4 stroke rider trying to avoid shifting) it is tiring when on the pipe. I haven't touched the suspension, not even a compression / rebound or sag adjustment. I'm a 220 lb C rider. I guess I don't know any better. The only suspension adjustment I have ever made was just sag. I've never experimented with the clickers, springs, or oil. I have rebuilt my forks on 2 different bikes, but I just put the recommended oil in and set the clickers mid way and continued riding. I'll probably start to at least experiment with the clickers soon, but I figured I should probably break it in first.

So far I have mounted a Hyde pipe gaurd / skid plate and Cycra Pro-bend handgaurds. Other than that the bike is stock. I plan on buying Seal savers, radiator gaurds, LTR jetting kit, and head and tail lights.

Thanks for the advice before I bought the bike. I was getting bored with the 250f and this bike has all the power I'll probably ever want, yet is controllable enough to keep me from killing myself.

One problem I did have was that when stopped I was leaking gas out of my vent lines. It wasn't pouring out, enough to keep me from riding, and it didn't do it all the time but it was very excessive. It seems to do it worse when the bike was leaned slightly against a tree vs standing straight up. It seemed to be fuel than what would be in the bowl. I've only had the bike about a month, the carb should not be gummed up.

I could'nt be more pleased with my purchase.

I'll try to post pictures in the next week or so.

Josh

Old 03-30-2008, 11:11 PM

Congrats on the new bike.
Cool thing about the 300 is that you can ride them like a 4 stroke, lugging down low.

With regards to the leaking gas, you will need to set the float height on the carb.
The should be a tech article somewhere for it here or you can look at the Keihin US website site.
http://www.keihin-us.com/am/tuning/

WOT
Kim
05 Pampera 250
Old 03-31-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
Congrats on the new bike.
Cool thing about the 300 is that you can ride them like a 4 stroke, lugging down low.

With regards to the leaking gas, you will need to set the float height on the carb.
The should be a tech article somewhere for it here or you can look at the Keihin US website site.
http://www.keihin-us.com/am/tuning/

WOT
Kim
And make sure the carb is as close to straight up & down as possible. I found I had to drop my float height a mm or 2 to stop my 2006 from peeing gas when leaning it left. It came from the factory with the float set so high it would barely close the needle. That was the first thing that improved the ability of it to sit there and idle without dying.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Site Sponsor

I wouldn't put seal savers on as they will rub off the coating. Route your vent lines up into the airbox except for the drain. Enjoy!
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold