Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:04 PM

Default Ktm riders impression of my 02 GG 300

Yesterday I swaped bikes for awhile with a friend who rides an 07 250xc. We rode some very tight single track with a couple of high speed transit sections. He got off my bike raving about the suspension and how hard my bike hits( I have gone to the small ignition, no reed spacer and a 250 cdi) To sum up the suspension he said it flat out rules. He then said he thought my bike needed a steering stabilizer, I told him that's funny cause it seems like the GPR on his bike was not working. It was at that point that we looked at my bike and realized he thought the suspension ruled on a bike with a completely flat front tire!

Paul B

Old 06-01-2008, 11:40 AM

I would like to see one of the hard core orange riders have the balls to say something to this effect on KTMTalk. Whether they want to hear it or not the truth is the truth. You know the bike does really handle a front flat well, at least with a damper. Last summer I rode half an enduro (to the gas stop) with a front flat and didn't loose many more points than I would have on a good tire.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:45 PM

I was riding the woods yesterday down here in kiwiland with a couple of orange riders (exc300 + older 400 4 stroke) the lad with the 400 had a quick blast on my little gasser (EC125 07 - completely stock btw) and was blown away by the sus as well, that ohlins-marzochi combo really is awesome imo - also loved braking and the fact he could float out of ruts instead of just barging through - the guy with the 300 didn't want to know and looked down on the measly 125 cc's and started talking up 'big' 2 strokes - well actions speak louder than words so i promptly smoked his A** on the next loop (18 clicks) - don't think the 125 sends up that much roost - but what it did he ate !!! well for half a lap anyway - i was long gone after 10 k's.......
Old 06-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

i have an 01 300 and have let a few of my friends ride it and they are amazed. I rode my old rmx suzuki the other day and realized what an improvement the gg is over every other thing i have ever had.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:40 AM

My buddy runs a Honda dealership and used to sell KTMs at his previous dealership. Recently I had him take my bike for a ride (before I went to the Rekluse clutch). We rode a mix of tight twisty singletrack, open gas lines and a few fire roads. He also had a chance to ride a 2007 KTM 300XC that had a similar amount of modifications done to it. He told me that he actually preferred the GasGas, but would deny it to anyone that asked since he wants to get the KTM brand back. I'm trying to get him to pick up the GasGas brand since I know they'd sell around here.

I wish more people would open their eyes and try one before going orange. The bikes really do speak for themselves.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

i actually bought mine, 01 gg300, from a friend of mine that owns a honda/kaw store here. And his personal fav bike is a gg ec250. He told me he would never sell it.

Last edited by jhendr3702; 06-02-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
My buddy runs a Honda dealership and used to sell KTMs at his previous dealership. Recently I had him take my bike for a ride (before I went to the Rekluse clutch). We rode a mix of tight twisty singletrack, open gas lines and a few fire roads. He also had a chance to ride a 2007 KTM 300XC that had a similar amount of modifications done to it. He told me that he actually preferred the GasGas, but would deny it to anyone that asked since he wants to get the KTM brand back. I'm trying to get him to pick up the GasGas brand since I know they'd sell around here.

I wish more people would open their eyes and try one before going orange. The bikes really do speak for themselves.

I am trying to get our suzuki dealer up here to start bringing in Gasgas. He wants to but is still on the fence as of now.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:23 PM

So far I've had four die-hard KTMers ride my '05 EC250. Each were impressed with one or more attributes (engine/suspension) depending on where they were riding.

Of course, they know that if they bad-mouthed the Gasser, it would lead to me bawling like a little kid, so they're gentle with me in that way.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

My brother in law and I went on a huge outing two weeks ago. We swapped bikes for a while. He has an '08 KTM 300 XC-W with the electric start. Mine is an '01 EC 300 with Ohlins front and rear.
His comments were engine related, he liked how controllable it was to ride, and the responsiveness of the chassis. His opinion was that the suspension seemed identical to his.

My impression was that the KTM spins up very quickly, it reminded me of the worlds most powerful and linear 125. I couldn't believe how light it felt, and the e-button made me laugh. I don't know how he could have thought the suspension felt similar though, because the KTM felt harsh to me, and it felt like it didn't hold a line as well. Though it was very fast, and very fun to ride. I think that over the course of a day, the gasser would be friendlier.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 06-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I thought the e-start was not something I needed until I tried it, now I wish my GG had it.