Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
NECW#3 will put you right between the 2 settings. You could try a richer diameter like a H, bump up the pilot one more, or tweak the air screw to get some punch back off idle.

The thing is, these PWK carbs have no squirt jets like a 4T carb gets. If you snap the throttle on a 250F for instance, the carb says yep and pumps fuel straight down its throat to give it punch. On the 2 banger you either have to run rich enough to have the excess fuel available and live with some burbling, or have smoother delivery and compensate with some clutch use.
I was weighing up between the necw and nedw. Might be worth a try.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:27 AM

So i have settled on Nedw clip 2, 40p, 175m and AS 1 turn out. Improved the snap off the bottom and pulling clean everywhere. Smooth as silk, minimal spooge.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

About the same as where most of us end up mate!!

Happy days.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieds83 View Post
So i have settled on Nedw clip 2, 40p, 175m and AS 1 turn out. Improved the snap off the bottom and pulling clean everywhere. Smooth as silk, minimal spooge.
Whats the difference between NECW and NEDW?
Old 10-25-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Whats the difference between NECW and NEDW?
NECW is half a clip leaner than NEDW I believe...
Old 10-27-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
NECW is half a clip leaner than NEDW I believe...
Thank you!
Old 10-29-2018, 02:11 PM

So starting to get a little frustrated with getting the jetting dialed in on my GP300
I started with an N3CJ 180 main and 42 pilot A/S was about .75 turns out. After a long section lugging the bike I would get an idle surge which sounded like the bike was hot or lean. The bike was not hot and this only starts happening after lugging the bike for an extended time.
So I am thinking I am way rich so I put a 175 main, 40 pilot in and changed to a NEDW needle. So improvement here but not huge. Still got the surging but would stop about 30-40 seconds of idling.
So figuring I was still rich I dropped to a 38 pilot, this gave me a severe lean bog off idle only thing that would get rid of it was turning the idle screw all the way in. So I know I'm lean on the pilot I went back to the 40.
I think I am getting a lot of unburned fuel accumulating in the head, and pipe that is causing the surging. Now one thing I did notice as I was closing the shop last night that my idle was pretty high. Wondering if this could be the problem, where would this affect the jetting?
Now one other thing in the mix is I have been riding with 13/48 gearing that came stock, just changed to my normal 13/50. I just want to get this bike to how my 13 ran, unload it off the truck put it in 3rd gear, get back to the truck and take it out of third gear.
Does anyone have any insight?
Old 10-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Visually or audibly set the slide. If you back the idle out and gently lift and drop the slide you'll hear the slide bottom against the carb vs bottoming against the plastic idle screw. From there tweak it just a tad till it's only just open. Or.. have a look down the intake of the carb and set it so there is a mm or two just showing under the slide. That is all it needs to idle (IF everything else is correct).

A 42 pilot and J diameter isn't that different to a 40 pilot and a W diameter, and you also established that moving leaner on the pilot doesn't work.

I would be running a 42 pilot and W diameter.. or even a 45 and working with the air screw between at 1.5 turns (or about a quarter turn each side of).
Old 10-30-2018, 06:26 AM

I am going to give the 42 a try again, probably should have just kept turning the air screw out. When I was experiencing this I thought I was running lean, when I did turn the air screw out I didn't notice any change so thinking I was lean I went back in with the air screw.
I got a big ride this weekend 200 miles of mainly single track so I will have some time to jet on the trail. Although it's going to be a sand run so I'll probably be on the pipe quite a bit, unlike the rocky single track I usually ride. I'll bring my jets and needles with me and try a few different things.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:33 AM

Its strange as all the symptoms you name are typical for a lean condition. Surging is typically as well as high idle or an idle hang.
Go back to the 42 pilot jet and try to set the idle as low as possible as Jakobi suggested. Warm the motor up, dont let it idle, drive the bike a few minutes. Then turn the idle set screw until the idle is approximately 4 to 5 hundred RPM's too high. Let it idle high and close the air screw until it bottoms, no froce here. Turn the idle screw counter clockwise for a half turn, let the motor settle for 15 seconds. 15 seconds is a long time when you are waiting, so please be patient.

Turn the air screw quarter turns out and let the engine settle for 15 seconds every time you turn the air screw. Repeat this until you have reached the highest rpm, then turn the idle set screw out until the idle is low. Remember, the lowest idle would be best.

If you have turned the air screw less than one turn to achieve the highest rpm your pilot jet is too small. If you turned the air screw more than 2.75 turns out to achieve highest rpm your pilot jet is too rich.

Good luck!