Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 09-11-2016, 12:37 AM

Default 02 ec400 no spark

so with this being my introductory thread, i bought an 02 ec400 off of one of my friends for $200, since he is moving from here in washington to virginia on new orders here in a month or two and had it stop running on him. he said it was a fuel pump issue, so with some research here on this forum i found out that the relays are usually the suspect. so new battery and relay later, the fuel pump primes as it should. i proceeded to make a stator cover gasket, cause for what ever reason he decided it would be a great idea to take off the stator thinking that it had something to do with it(it didn't, but at least it looked good and not cooked), fill it back up with oil and try starting it. crank crank crank and nothing, not even a sneeze. go get some starting fluid to see if i can at least get a minor cough, crank crank crank and still nothing. pull the tank back off, pull out the plug boot, and low and behold, no spark plug. back to the store for the 3rd or 4th time today for an ngk cr8e, put it in the plug boot to check for spark, and nadda.

so i'm thinking it's a shot coil, but i would like to know some specs first. how many ohms should i read on the plug wire? how many ohms should i read at the plug wire terminal to the 12vdc constant or signal(which ever one connects to the plug wire terminal) terminal? how many ohms should i get from the 12vdc constant terminal to the signal terminal?

and last but not least, where can i find a replacement coil? or can i use one of those universal deals? or is there a preferred retrofitted coil to use?

i'm not new to bikes, infact i started riding vintage japanese bikes when i got my endorsement 2 years ago. if there is anyone here in western washington that can help, that'd be awesome. i'm in mt vernon

Old 09-12-2016, 12:28 AM

i think i found a replacement. looks like vespas and piaggio scooters used them. found this out by using the manufacturer's pn bme 02. i'll let you know how it works out