Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Asking for advice on which goodies for a 2010

Looks like (fingers crossed) I am back in the game and will be getting a 2010ec 300 soon
(or is it a 'xc'?)

Havent had a GG since 00' (wifes) and I am new to this forum.

Damper
I have run WER's in the past and currently run a GPR.

Not really interested in getting another WER (unless it mounts to a GG really well) mosty due to the headlight/number plate relocation issues.

Anyone using a GPR on their GG? I was told by GPR that their mount raises the bars 1+ inches, they also told me a different time only 1/4". I want the bars as tall as possible, I also ride Trials and stand the majority of the time I ride 'big bikes'. BTW, GPR is taking $100 of all of their products through the end of the year.

Suspension

Rocks, rocks and more rocks. I am a slow rider, and prefer slow and technical stuff. It is rare that I am riding faster then 35 mph and I do not jump (intentionally), I am more then willing to sacrifice high-speed performance to increase slow/rock performance.

I have a somewhat local facility that I like, but curious to hear the GG crowd share their opinions.

Skid Plate

Aluminum-who make the most protective plate?

Fork Bleeders

Did I read that there are no bleeders for the Sachs Forks?

Shark Fin, Pipe Protector, Over sized tank ??

What else have I left out?

Okay guys, let me have it!!

I have only been on this forum for 1.5 weeks but so far it has a great 'family' vibe.

Happy Holidays

J
Old 12-23-2010, 12:46 PM

For the damper run the GPR. I had the under bar mount that helped to get my bars where I needed them. I am 6 foot 3 inches.

Hyde makes an awesome skid plate/pipe protector. Worked really well on my 2007. A fellow on here that goes by the screen name GMP lives in Jersey and says his worked really well in his rock infested area.

Use LT racing for your suspension. Les works wonders on them suspenders. He is so good that I did not have to adjust a single thing right out of the box. Even the sag was correct.

Other things to add would be a rear shark fin, radiator guards, bark busters, pivot pegz, etc, etc.......

Hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

No blasting here this is not that "Other" site.

Robby
Old 12-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
For the damper run the GPR. I had the under bar mount that helped to get my bars where I needed them. I am 6 foot 3 inches.

Hyde makes an awesome skid plate/pipe protector. Worked really well on my 2007. A fellow on here that goes by the screen name GMP lives in Jersey and says his worked really well in his rock infested area.

Use LT racing for your suspension. Les works wonders on them suspenders. He is so good that I did not have to adjust a single thing right out of the box. Even the sag was correct.

Other things to add would be a rear shark fin, radiator guards, bark busters, pivot pegz, etc, etc.......

Hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

No blasting here this is not that "Other" site.

Robby
How much did the GPR raise the bars? I am 6 2' and mostly stand.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM

I have a Motosportz damper coming for my 2011 300.

Skid plate I am thinking about the hyde skid plate only, I used the combo on my KTM for a while and while it protects pretty well it is just too much of a hassle to mess with, mud, maintainence,etc.

I have fork bleeders on my Sachs forks but they were installed by Richard at House of horsepower and I am unsure of brand.

I personally would not waste money on a shark fin rotor gaurd, they add weight and do not really do anything IMO.

I may get a bigger tank but I ran a 2hr harescramble on the stock tank with about 1/2 gallon left so I will wait and see.

I have the BPD radiator gaurds and I like them alot.

I installed a eline cf pipe gaurd which may be a waste of money, it does not cover as much as I would like.

I have a Rekluse EXP also and I do not share others concerns about the crappy brake pedal because I have no pedal. I use a lhrb setup instead.

I installed the Tubliss system on the rear and will do the front when I change the tire.

For suspension LTR seems to get good reviews, I had Richard at House of horsepower do mine and I am pretty happy with it. He is still working with me to get it perfect. I still prefer the cc forks on my KTM but hopefully when we finish dialing in the Sachs I will like them as much.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2200 View Post
I have a Motosportz damper coming for my 2011 300.

Skid plate I am thinking about the hyde skid plate only, I used the combo on my KTM for a while and while it protects pretty well it is just too much of a hassle to mess with, mud, maintainence,etc.

I have fork bleeders on my Sachs forks but they were installed by Richard at House of horsepower and I am unsure of brand.

I personally would not waste money on a shark fin rotor gaurd, they add weight and do not really do anything IMO.

I may get a bigger tank but I ran a 2hr harescramble on the stock tank with about 1/2 gallon left so I will wait and see.

I have the BPD radiator gaurds and I like them alot.

I installed a eline cf pipe gaurd which may be a waste of money, it does not cover as much as I would like.

I have a Rekluse EXP also and I do not share others concerns about the crappy brake pedal because I have no pedal. I use a lhrb setup instead.

I installed the Tubliss system on the rear and will do the front when I change the tire.

For suspension LTR seems to get good reviews, I had Richard at House of horsepower do mine and I am pretty happy with it. He is still working with me to get it perfect. I still prefer the cc forks on my KTM but hopefully when we finish dialing in the Sachs I will like them as much.
Did your BPD rad guards install easily?
Old 12-23-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
Did your BPD rad guards install easily?
Yes, they have updated the design and they mount up pretty easy.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husley View Post
How much did the GPR raise the bars? I am 6 2' and mostly stand.
I want to say about 1 1/4 inches. I bought the under bar mount from Protect Enduro concepts. Not sure if they are still around.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:24 PM

Rocks ... yech! I'll take sand and tree roots any day. In any case ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by husley View Post

Suspension

Rocks, rocks and more rocks. I am a slow rider, and prefer slow and technical stuff. It is rare that I am riding faster then 35 mph and I do not jump (intentionally), I am more then willing to sacrifice high-speed performance to increase slow/rock performance.

I have a somewhat local facility that I like, but curious to hear the GG crowd share their opinions.

Whoever you decide upon, make sure they have the correct tools. The Sachs forks are decent pieces but use different hardware than what you'd find in a KYB or Marzocchi

Skid Plate

Aluminum-who make the most protective plate?

Enduro Engineering will have a plate out in a couple of weeks, or check the hardparts catalog

Fork Bleeders

Did I read that there are no bleeders for the Sachs Forks? The 2010 Sachs used a tiny 3mm screw, so adding a fork bleeder likely means drilling and tapping the cap. The 2011 Sachs' use a 5mm screw so there are lots of options.

Shark Fin, Pipe Protector, Over sized tank ??

I have sharkfins and rad braces available from Enduro Engineering, or check out the catalog. There is a 3.2gal Clarke tank listed there as well.

What else have I left out?

Okay guys, let me have it!!

I have only been on this forum for 1.5 weeks but so far it has a great 'family' vibe.

Happy Holidays

J
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters