Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 03-21-2018, 02:39 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Congratulations!

It doesn't sound like there is much hope for white guys in South Africa, and perhaps by extension Swaziland, so getting out before August seems like a good move.
Swaziland has a different set of problems, the whites have always been the minority here and have never been in power so very different to SA, but there are already some of the bad elements of SA filtering through. Will be nice to be operating in the worlds least corrupt country where i actually will get something in return for my tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyraft View Post
Moving to the Tron !!! Will let you work it out what the rest of the country say about the Tron , if you ever get to the Deep South come look us up and I'll take you riding !
Tony
South Island? riding looks awesome there so will def need to make a trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Queenstown? I'm assuming that's an open invite. You have a couch? I might just pop in for a few weeks. I'll bring the family, we worked out a holiday would overstretch the budget just in accommodation. Hope you're near town. I drink a bit so stock up. I'm a bit fussy so Craft only if you don't mind.

Oh yeah. And welcome Matt. Tron is ok, just gets stick from Aucklanders who have big city snobbery of closest neighborhood.
Don't worry it is something i picked up on when i was there and came to a similar conclusion, I even took a 2hr bus ride each way to spend about 2 hrs in the Tron just to see for myself! The company i will be working for actually offered me a position in Auckland as well, but i turned it down mostly based on cost of housing etc in the big (little) city.

My wife also preferred the option of hamilton because it is not in the centre of the earthquakes and far enough from the sea to avoid any tsunamis lol (you can see she is a bit paranoid!)

Yep priorities are sorted (just need to sort out the finances now) - the only guy i know in NZ actually rides with Chris Birch most weekends which unfortunately is a different league (unless i really put that NZ friendliness to the test by changing a 3hr Chris Birch ride to a 12hr Chris Birch and his buddies buddy ride lol) but hopefully some of his skills will rub off by association

Old 03-21-2018, 02:48 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Good decision,your wife may have been a little stressed when she found out that Auckland is sitting in/on a nest of volcanoes!
Old 06-22-2018, 12:47 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Visa approved and in a few weeks I will become kiwi_matt
Old 06-22-2018, 12:51 AM

and because I am battling to sell my bike here (with the regional dealer only selling parts and not bikes) I am squeezing my bike into the container as well.

Contacted the Hamilton gg dealer and no pipes available (crushed it so bad at Enduro-x last weekend I had to use a hammer to remove it :-( ) how is the gg representation and spares availability in nz? Should I have any issues there? Will I be able to sell/trade-in later?

So many questions so little time
Old 06-22-2018, 03:23 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Nah there's stuff around just have to look. TradeMe is our local ebay equivalent.

Geez it was winter solstice yesterday so it's pretty cold which will take a while to get used to. But today was clear and cold . Brought a smile to my face. And you have to try the craft beer here.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 06-22-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Nah there's stuff around just have to look. TradeMe is our local ebay equivalent.

Geez it was winter solstice yesterday so it's pretty cold which will take a while to get used to. But today was clear and cold . Brought a smile to my face. And you have to try the craft beer here.
Fate pushed my start date forwards, the plus being it will be moving into summer.

I will be a bachelor for the first few weeks so will definitely be going all out on finding a new favorite beer ... well thats if i have any money left after all the hemorrhaging i have done in getting to this point!

As much as i like my bike i really was looking forward to being able to get a new one.

but more importantly what is it with NZ not liking pets? I am really battling to find somewhere to rent that allows pets. Some blatantly discriminate against dogs ... are they not aware that they are commonly known as "mans best friend" lol
Old 06-22-2018, 08:02 AM

We'll also be making the move to NZ.
Fly out on 11th July.

Should be based in Cambridge.
Is there much riding in Waikato area?

Once we are all settled & on our feet will defiantly get back on the bike.
Hopefully get some racing in, give the locals a run ;-)
Old 06-22-2018, 09:07 AM

I almost tagged you and thought i shouldn't

... PS from what i saw when i went there within a week you will be considered a local too