Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:19 PM

Default Does anyone run a Clake2 LHRB ?

Hello All:

2011 Gasgas 300EC newbie here.
First off - this bike is kickass.

I was thinking of buying a Clake2, but was wondering if I need to buy different seals for the clutch slave cylinder since my stock Magura clutch uses mineral oil as opposed to the dot4 Clake uses....

Cheers

Old 09-09-2020, 05:38 AM

I have the clake pro lever and I had to get the mineral seals for it. Clake supplied all of it.
JC
Old 09-09-2020, 04:11 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I think there are also some DIY options for a second lever rear brake setup out on the web. Think one was a cable brake that operated the foot brake

I looked into it and felt it would be more of a hinderance. learning to ride technical steep downhills standing up and not stopping (the momentum and a little bit of speed helps roll over the obstacles rather than too slow and getting stuck in them) was a better option. If you go super slow with your feet down you also tend to move your weight forwards over the forks and again go into holes rather than through them.

If it is so steep that you have to walk it you can turn the bike off, put it in 1st and use the clutch to control the back wheel (in reverse, clutch out will lock the rear wheel)

obviously this doesn't apply if you have some disability that makes using the foot brake a problem like my buddy that rode with a prosthetic, he had the rekluse setup
Old 09-20-2020, 11:05 PM

I have a nice setup that I’ll post pics of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2020, 07:50 AM

Swazimat,
Not sure what you mean by this. With the pro lever I can still use the clutch like a normal clutch if I wish to,pull it in a little further then the rear brake starts applying. Without doubt ride quicker once used to the concept. It doesn't change my riding position at all and I can still use the rear brake with my foot if I wish..
Jc
Old 09-22-2020, 04:25 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox76y View Post
Swazimat,
Not sure what you mean by this. With the pro lever I can still use the clutch like a normal clutch if I wish to,pull it in a little further then the rear brake starts applying. Without doubt ride quicker once used to the concept. It doesn't change my riding position at all and I can still use the rear brake with my foot if I wish..
Jc
maybe i should clarify that in my experience people normally want a LHRB because they ride extreme (relative term) downhills and like to put their feet down on the ground and go very slowly. with the right (or both feet) on the ground you can only use the front brake and it either dives into the holes or forks compress and you feel like you are going over the bars (or do go over). So the "fix" is to fit a LHRB so you can put your feet on the ground and still use the rear brake.

This may have been an assumption of your intended reason for wanting it and thinking about it now there may be other reasons for it ... that being said I don't see any of the pro's using it so i still stand by it being a hinderance to attaining a better skillset ;-) (but you know the saying about opinions lol)
Old 09-23-2020, 02:10 AM

OK, that explains it. I got it simply cause I found it difficult to get the rear brake whilst wearing knee braces.. Very handy, especially on tight right hand turns.. Enables me to take my foot off the peg for the corner..
Jc