Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 12-26-2013, 05:37 PM
iamovru's Avatar
iamovru iamovru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 470
Default

Motul 800 or Klotz Supertechnoplate- Nothing like the smell of Castor. Both at 50:1


__________________
15 Beta 300RR Race
Sold KTM 450EXC now moving over to RED! Looks like I found the right bike. Thanks REVERUP!
2011 GasGas EC300 "Stolen By A Scum Bag"
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Reply With Quote


  #112  
Old 12-26-2013, 07:29 PM
gasser's Avatar
gasser gasser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamovru View Post
Motul 800 or Klotz Supertechnoplate- Nothing like the smell of Castor. Both at 50:1
Both have very high flashpoints and are great oils if you run a hot engine. Low rpm running and/or rich fuel mixtures will result in much cooler running engine temps which work much better with oils that have a lower flashpoint. A fast guy on a 125 will love these oils but a slow guy on a 300 gasser will smoke like an old diesel and fowl plugs.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-29-2013, 09:27 PM
iamovru's Avatar
iamovru iamovru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
Both have very high flashpoints and are great oils if you run a hot engine. Low rpm running and/or rich fuel mixtures will result in much cooler running engine temps which work much better with oils that have a lower flashpoint. A fast guy on a 125 will love these oils but a slow guy on a 300 gasser will smoke like an old diesel and fowl plugs.
Never had an issue, guess I am faster than I thought
__________________
15 Beta 300RR Race
Sold KTM 450EXC now moving over to RED! Looks like I found the right bike. Thanks REVERUP!
2011 GasGas EC300 "Stolen By A Scum Bag"
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-02-2014, 09:16 PM
sevenfourate's Avatar
sevenfourate sevenfourate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk, ENGLAND
Posts: 206
Default

Blatantly copied and pasted: This is exactly what ive just posted on ThumperTalk. Im no 2 stroke expert - but these are my experiences and they may just help someone else at sometime, hence i thought id get them up in this thread:


"Well, the GasGas ive just bought is the first 2-stroke ive had; and the previous owner had been running the bike on Putoline MX5 Synthetic (Not sure if you guys in the USA have this oil). Runs great - but did have a little, quite thick spooge. Ive been running this at 50:1 as suggested by previous owner and many other GasGas owners.

I do 'lug' the bike quite a bit, and arent at the top of the rev-range / into the powerband very much. So after alot of reading i decided to buy and try some Motul 710 after reading about its great quality, great smell and most importantly its lower flash-point and "less spooge" properties.

My Gasser is pre-mix, so i pretty much ran the old tank of fuel out, filled up at 50:1 using Motul 710 and went out to ride. Also re-filled up halfway through and ran another tankful through (100 mile ride in total).

And its completely against pretty much all the reviews ive read, but IMO i had more (Certainly thinner, more watery and more messy ?) spooge ! Same bike, same ratio - just different oils. Bike ran great and MAY have even felt a little stronger, especially in the mid-range, but my spooge issues certainly didnt appear to improve dramatically.

From reading up, it would seem that to do it 100% "by the book" i should really now re-jet possibly for this particular oil and this mixture ratio. Maybe: All i can tell you is a straight oil swap and nothing else certainly wasnt a game-changer for me........"
__________________
Regards Shuv - 2006 EC 250
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 AM
bazzagas bazzagas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 24
Default

Have any of you used Bel-Ray 2T oils? I am asking as my local dealer has started to stock Bel-Ray rather than Maxima and I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 AM
sevenfourate's Avatar
sevenfourate sevenfourate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk, ENGLAND
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzagas View Post
Have any of you used Bel-Ray 2T oils? I am asking as my local dealer has started to stock Bel-Ray rather than Maxima and I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread.
Gets great reviews, if thats anything to go on.....!

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...c-2-Stroke-Oil
__________________
Regards Shuv - 2006 EC 250
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-08-2014, 08:42 AM
eliasn101 eliasn101 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
Default

trail riding 70%
small scramble tracks 30%
average hobby rider.

Motorex crosspower - too much spooge!
Denicol A1 - too much spooge!
Will switch to amsoil or 710 and check.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-12-2014, 03:01 PM
sevenfourate's Avatar
sevenfourate sevenfourate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk, ENGLAND
Posts: 206
Default

Any of you UK guys (Or anywhere else) use Putolines top offering: MX9 ?

Its pretty expensive at around ?18 ($30), but i did 80 odd miles today with a guy using it in a Husky. He's been using it 3 years, reckons he hardly ever suffers with spooge, and it smelt absolutely DIVINE !

Ive ordered some anyway. Just wondered anyone elses thoughts on it.
__________________
Regards Shuv - 2006 EC 250
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 PM
noobi's Avatar
noobi noobi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfourate View Post
Any of you UK guys (Or anywhere else) use Putolines top offering: MX9 ?

Its pretty expensive at around ?18 ($30), but i did 80 odd miles today with a guy using it in a Husky. He's been using it 3 years, reckons he hardly ever suffers with spooge, and it smelt absolutely DIVINE !

Ive ordered some anyway. Just wondered anyone elses thoughts on it.
Putoline MX9 has a similar flash point to Motul 710. MX9 lists at 78C, and 710 lists at 88C.
So I think as far as spooge is concerned, it will be pretty clean.
For reference, Motul 800 flashes at 252C, and Putoline Racing Oil flashes at 250C.

I have never run MX9 personally, but know a racing family that ran it in many CR125 Husqvarnas with no issues.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-13-2014, 01:12 AM
sevenfourate's Avatar
sevenfourate sevenfourate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk, ENGLAND
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Putoline MX9 has a similar flash point to Motul 710. MX9 lists at 78C, and 710 lists at 88C.
So I think as far as spooge is concerned, it will be pretty clean.
For reference, Motul 800 flashes at 252C, and Putoline Racing Oil flashes at 250C.

I have never run MX9 personally, but know a racing family that ran it in many CR125 Husqvarnas with no issues.
Yea.....thanks.

I read the specs on the Putoline website, and saw the flashpoint was pretty low.

Fingers crossed im onto a winner then !
__________________
Regards Shuv - 2006 EC 250
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is your favorite GasGas engine size? MattR GasGas Member Polls 51 09-11-2014 11:12 AM
Favorite picture of yourself on your GasGas. GreatBritishRob Pictures & Videos 43 10-07-2011 09:07 PM
favorite clamps for oversized bars motogroove Enduro Chassis & Body 0 05-16-2011 08:42 AM
Put a few of my favorite pics up on the website.... Steve@Motowest Pictures & Videos 0 07-14-2009 09:05 AM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - GasGasRider.org