Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up SpeedyManiac ISDE Fund Raiser...

Hi All,
Our very own SpeedyManiac (Steve Shannon) has been chosen to represent Canada at the 82nd International Six Day Enduro. This years event is being held in La Serena, Chile - November 12-17th.

Many of us recently congratulated Steve on his graduation from college - earning a degree in engineering. In order to finance his ISDE effort this year - Steve will have to incur more debt, this debt will be on top of his existing student loans.

Boomhauer sent me a note suggesting that "we help out our gasgas brother" and start a fund raising drive to help cover some of the costs for Steve; The airfare and lodging alone are several thousand dollars...

If you are interested in supporting Steve, please send me a private message with your e-mail address and the amount of your donation. I will send you a paypal payment request. I will post a running total here so that folks can see how it is coming along...

thanks
jeff

Old 07-10-2007, 01:44 PM

Jeff,
Maybe you can get with Mark or Steve at GoFasters and see who is making their fender decals so we can get some made up like the KTM guys have for KTM Talk.

I would like to encourage everyone to donate. This is very expensive for these guys to do the ISDE. Plus he is a Gas Gas Brother and every little bit helps.

Best of luck Speedy!!!!

Boom
Old 07-10-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Jeff,
Maybe you can get with Mark or Steve at GoFasters and see who is making their fender decals so we can get some made up like the KTM guys have for KTM Talk.

I would like to encourage everyone to donate. This is very expensive for these guys to do the ISDE. Plus he is a Gas Gas Brother and every little bit helps.

Best of luck Speedy!!!!

Boom
I would by some decals for an inflated price to support a fellow gg racer.

tim
Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukachuki View Post
I would by some decals for an inflated price to support a fellow gg racer.
tim
+2. I buy ISDE t-shirts from GoFasters to support their guys. Cool shirts too. I'm sure we'll all try to help out regardless, but it is a good sales tool to offer a teaser/token.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 PM

Wow. Guys, I can't thank you enough for the support. I'm extremely thankful for all of the support that you're offering. The GasGas community, and dirtbiking community in general, is amazing. I haven't even met you guys, yet you're willing to help me out and support me as I try to live my dreams. Thanks to all of you.

Oh, and if any of you are interested, I'm selling shirts for the Canadian ISDE Gold fund (covers gas, food, tools, etc, etc). Here's the price list:

Hoodies: $75
Exposed stitching long sleeved jersey: $50
Regular jersey: $40
T-shirts: $25
Kids T-shirts: $20
Women's T-shirts: ~$35

All prices are in Canadian dollars, not including shipping. Let me know if you want one. PM me or email me at speedymaniac<at>gmail<dot>com.

I have a poster (pdf) showing the design of the shirts, how can I post it?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Hi Steve,
How big is the pdf file? If it is small enough, you can attach it to the post (same as photos). If it is larger - e-mail it to me and I will upload it to the website for you... So you can reference it via www.gasgasrider.org/*.pdf, etc.

jeff
Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 PM

All,

We have found somebody here in Houston to make the fender decals.

They will be sort of like the fender stickers for ktm talk. We are going to make one set and see if the art work looks good and go from there.

If all goes well our GG community just might grow some more and maybe even help a small percent in getting the word out that the GG bikes are the best.

Stay tuned for pictures and the offical word about our hopefully soon to be
GasGas Rider's Club.Org fender sticker.

Boom
Old 07-12-2007, 11:26 PM

coudl we be able to get them to Australia? ill happily buy them and pay postage to get a) the stickers over here b) to help Speedymaniac to the ISDE and c) if they can get here, i may know of one of two people that maybe interested
Old 07-13-2007, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
coudl we be able to get them to Australia? ill happily buy them and pay postage to get a) the stickers over here b) to help Speedymaniac to the ISDE and c) if they can get here, i may know of one of two people that maybe interested
We will get them to you one way or another.

Thanks for the support Bearman!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:40 AM

no worries, happy to support. i think what you set up is a great idea. its not everyday someone gets to go to the ISDE. gotta gvet him there somehow