Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:47 AM

Default 3.5 hrs of new bike bliss.

Took the new to my bike out yesterday for it much delayed first real ride. We rode for 3.5 hours of snotty rooty 1-2 gear stuff. Impressions:

I had forgotten how good a dirtbike can turn. The 07 is ready to turn far before the 02 was. I was suprised over and over again how willing the 07 was to turn. The slightest inputts would have it ducking into corners at will.

The 50mm Zokes, Sachs, Flexb ar combo is really good. I thought the LTR Ohlins stuff I had was good but this is a whole new level. Often I would feel like the Ohlins forks were overwhelmed by large hits, not so with the 50mm's. I tried hard to slam stuff instead of loft over it and the zokes just asked for more. The forks feel great sitting and then when you stand you are rewarded witht the added comfort of the flexbars, awesome. The rear was every bit as good as the ohlins it replaced. The bike also held a line up the side of ruts etc.

The bike feels tiny. My old bike had the tall seat, lowboy pegs. The new one is stock and I love it! However the 07 seat is not useable as a seat it is that hard. A softer seat about 1/2 taller would be perfect! The bike also felt narrow. The rear must contribute to this. The GG was noticably more narrow than an 08 KTM i also rode.

THE 07 HAULS. It might be the new FMF, the v-force, the mc ignition, rb carb mod, jetting or who knows but the bike has lots more topend. Pulled harded for alot longer than my 02. My buddy on an 08 300 ktm xc got off and declared the GG faster.

Lots of big smiles form Paul today, and the shoulder felt great. With some moderate weather this winter I should be ready for a topend by spring!

Paul B

Old 11-27-2008, 02:15 PM

Now try raising the forks 10mm in the triple clamps to mimic the new shock mounting on the 08/09s. It's like heaven.

Also, the 08/09 seat is great, if you can find one. Way better than the Guts stuff.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

All that plus turkey dinner tonight.I'm green with envy. Where'd you ride at you lucky dog.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:14 PM

Sounds like a sweet ride. Makes me want to trad off the 02 towards a 2008 or 09. Thanks for the report.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!