Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:26 PM

Default right side PV vent stripped....help

I had the PV vent nipple come loose and pull out of my engine leaving a stripped out hole. It was JB welded in and it came out again. Do I even need that vent? Most bikes don't have one, and I've never had anything come out of it. Can I just close it up? What have you guys done. Both my 250 and 300 have done this.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:10 PM

right side (throttle side) is the tranny vent. Left side is the PV drain/vent. If right side is stripped that part is installed into the head isn't it, just inside the PV cover? Left side is (or was) sometimes zip-tied shut from the factory, I don't think it is absolutely necessary. But you need your tranny vent. You could possibly tap it oversize and go to a "fastener" store to get next size up nipple but neither of my bikes are here today so I can't compare.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 06-19-2009, 12:16 AM

i had the same thing happen just recently, ill probably just tap the hole and put something in where it should be,
didnt even realise it was loose, it hadnt moved at all, because i thought it was threaded in and then it was just gone when i went to clean it meh, theres always exhaust coming out of it so anything would just get blown out again
Old 06-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

You should not have any exhaust gasses coming out of the right side vent.
You have to make sure you have the right type of bearings on the power valve assembly- the ones that are not enclosed will allow the exhaust to blow by and contaminate the transmission fluid.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
You should not have any exhaust gasses coming out of the right side vent.
You have to make sure you have the right type of bearings on the power valve assembly- the ones that are not enclosed will allow the exhaust to blow by and contaminate the transmission fluid.
that would be a worry. the gas is coming out the pv vent on the left side

or was that just a general statement?
Old 06-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Left side its OK to have exhaust gases escaping, because it has a direct passage to the exhaust port.