Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 PM

Red face Newbie Gas Gas Owner

Hi All,

Jumped into the Gas Gas world today and bought a new 2009 EC 300. Never ridden one before, but did lots of research and browsing of forums (this one was the best by a mile) and when this bike came up at an amazing price I could not resist .

Owned a CRF450X for 2 years (sold it a year ago). It was just to much for me - heavy, slow in tight stuff and very tiring on long rides (not to mention all the maintenance). Also does not help when you are 40, but still think you are 17 something!

Anyway, I will let you guys and gals(?) know how I get on.

Keep on smoking.

Et from NZ

Old 08-24-2010, 01:01 AM

Thats great to have another NZ GG owner !!!
Where are you located?
Im in pukekohe, south auckland.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Thats great to have another NZ GG owner !!!
Where are you located?
Im in pukekohe, south auckland.
Awesome, did not expect to get a response from a fellow GG Kiwi!

Live out West near Muriwai Beach.

Will do a few test runs at Sandpit to get the feel of the new bike. Can't wait! Picking it up tomorrow if I can manage time off from work.

Will let you know how it all goes.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:25 AM

Theres a few of us around, 3 in my close riding group, and a few others im associated with.
Did you get the bike from Craig Brown directly? I dont think there are any actual dealers in Auckland any more with the downsize of triplexmoto.
If you have been reading around the forums, then you should know about the issue with the 09 sachs fork being over valved for trail riding, I know a local guy who can will work on the sachs fork to downsize the valving a bit.

Cheers
Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 AM

Welcome to the site and GasGas bikes. I got my first GasGas a couple of weeks ago and it sure won't be my last; I love this bike.

Last edited by john01; 08-24-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Theres a few of us around, 3 in my close riding group, and a few others im associated with.
Did you get the bike from Craig Brown directly? I dont think there are any actual dealers in Auckland any more with the downsize of triplexmoto.
If you have been reading around the forums, then you should know about the issue with the 09 sachs fork being over valved for trail riding, I know a local guy who can will work on the sachs fork to downsize the valving a bit.

Cheers
Thanks Noobi.

Picked the GG up today and took it for a small run - felt very good. Great motor and so light! Well coming from a CFR450X, anything will problably feel better . Front was ok. Will let it break-in for a few hours and see how we go. So glad I went GG in the end. Got it new for $9K vs $14K for the KTM PLUS a 1 yrs warranty (1 month with the Honda!). Bike brought back childhood memories today . Love it.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john01 View Post
Welcome to the site and Gas Gas bikes. I got my first a couple of weeks ag and it sure won't be my last; I love this bike.
Thanks John - First GG ride impressions has been great . Nice that it comes standard with some goodies (Fat H/Bars, Braided Cables, Frame Cover).

Go GG
Old 08-24-2010, 09:00 PM

My new baby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gas Gas EC 300 2009.jpg (82.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtienneNZ View Post
My new baby
They are a whole new level of better, with properly dialed in suspension and jetted correctly, 2 areas you may want to focus on first.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Welcome,
We need some more NZers on this site ,no one believes us that a steak & cheese pie is a self contained complex carbohydrate sports suppliment.
Nice deal on the bike.Sure is purty boy,now squeal like a ktm front brake,yeeha!