Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Unhappy '02 ec300 stalling in water

I have an '02 ec300 that stalls in water crossings about 1 ft. deep or deeper. I can kick and kick it but it won't even try to refire until it has sat for about 10 minutes and then it will start like nothing ever happened-no spitting, sputtering smoke or anything. I don't think it is sucking water in the engine because my brother has an '02 ec250 and never has problems in the same water crossings as I do. I have sealed the ignition cover (which had a tremendous gap) checked all the electrical connections,sealed the spark plug boot and coil boot with silicone grease all of which has done nothing to help. I can spray the bike mercilessly with a garden hose and never have it falter or miss a beat so it is hard to diagnose the problem at home! Has anyone had a similar problem? This bike has really tested my patience from day one but I like a lot of things about it and don't want to get rid of it. HELP!

Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 PM

what else has given you problems? it sounds like your taking in water through either your filter or vent lines are sucking it up,try and split the vent lines where they are teed at the factory so that two run to the ground and two run up and into the airbox,at least you will know it isnt the vents,might want to try and tape up the inside of your airbox as well,even if its just to test it out,if none of that stuff works I might guess you have an ign problem