Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Dirt Rider mag

Im going to puke! Did you see the latest issue, what a bunch of shit and I dont know who Im to blame. Why in the world of worlds wasnt any one at GG installing a current line of OUR bikes among the line-up of bikes being sold in the US, and like any media in America they couldnt wait to spin the worst on our product and maid it out like were out of the US market. Thanks to no one stepping up and showing what great products we have to share to this country. Don (ec200)

Old 12-08-2007, 10:43 PM

who cares what the rags say we know they are the best bike made period! I know i dont need a rag to tell me whats wrong and right on my bike
Old 12-09-2007, 06:41 AM

The mag has no idea ,obviously it got plenty of $$ from other manufacturers to put them up top

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 12-11-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDoz View Post
The mag has no idea ,obviously it got plenty of $$ from other manufacturers to put them up top
If GasGas won't give them information or bikes to test, they can't do much to report it. My gut feeling is that DR went out to all the manufacturers/US Distributors for bike info, and GG in it's state of flux provided none. I know that is a very orange-tainted mag, but Jimmy Lewis has spent time on a gasser. I serisouly doubt they would intentionally give the brand the brush off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
who cares what the rags say we know they are the best bike made period! I know i dont need a rag to tell me whats wrong and right on my bike
if you want better prices and parts availability, you want to sell more Gassers in the US.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I think our people are so well connected and we do such a good job supporting one another that we could find a way to get more coverage. One way would be to find a SoCal dealer and a willing victim.... I mean buyer of a new GG. Set the bike up real nice, then hand it over to DR for a test, perhaps a shootout. Knowing that there is delayed gratification, the dealer could give the bike to the buyer at dealer cost, slap some of the dealership decals on the bike with prominent phone numbers, and help the buyer out with refreshing of plastic, or whatever. If DR wants a long term test bike, well, that may be another story, but I'm sure that's doable as well.

I know what's next, there will be responses stating the bike will be thrashed, but that's not true. These magazine guys maintain the bikes well. I have a friend who bought a magazine shootout test bike some years ago. It was in fine shape other than the usual scuffs, and he raced it, successfully qualifying for the ISDE. He still has the bike today.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-11-2007, 02:36 PM

As far as I know, there ARE no So Cal GasGas dealers. We lost one of the
best when Steve from MotoWest pulled out of being a dealer.

"One way would be to find a SoCal dealer and a willing victim.... I mean buyer of a new GG."

I wonder what it takes to become a GasGas dealer....?
I think it has something to do with the old saying:
"To make a small fortune in the motorcycle business you first
need to start with a large one."

I figure my next GasGas will have to be street legal here in Ca. With all
the new regulations for OHV's and limited trail usage. It will become a
requirement.
SloCalSpode, Jeff
Old 12-12-2007, 03:46 PM

Wow, Steve pulled out? I've been busy this summer working and havent heard,,,
Old 12-12-2007, 07:48 PM

Give him a call, he is still doing business.
http://www.motowest.com/index.html
Just not GasGas dealer business.
He did mention a desire to have a new batch of pipes built recently.
I also think he lurks around here or Smackover once in a while.
SloCalSpode