Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Site Sponsor

yep, i've been riding since sept. 1. i have a race this weekend (well several actually..both vintage and modern...) that will put it to the test. 2 4 or 5 hour days, and 1 modern 2 hr hs. i've been riding full speed for about a week. it's amazing how much you lose in just 6 weeks. my shoulders and arms hurt at first....and i gently wrecked on a couple of turns, lost the 'feel' temporarily. all better now.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com

Last edited by stainlesscycle; 09-13-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

cool... hope to actually ride this weekend... i went with a bud and his 6 yr old, but i sure felt "off"...

good luck in the races..

jay
Old 09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Site Sponsor

surprisingly, my other ankle is giving me fits, i think from the adjustment period of 1 leg to 2 legs. aside from that, it took a few hours of riding to get back to the groove of things. don't worry it'll come back..

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 09-13-2010, 08:16 PM

The opposite leg giving grief is funny, when I got back on the bike proper last sunday, my throttle arm was getting reallly bad arm pump, thats not the arm I broke, I never had arm pump like it, was agony, got back to the car and had a rest and it was fine the rest of the day.
Must have been sub consciously not using my left arm, broken one, and gripping hard out with my right. Probably just the bodys way of saying 'are you mad, that bone was broken not long ago'
Old 10-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
surprisingly, my other ankle is giving me fits, i think from the adjustment period of 1 leg to 2 legs. aside from that, it took a few hours of riding to get back to the groove of things. don't worry it'll come back..
might have been from overworking your good one when you weren't using the other. I broke my left ankle in may and spent 8 weeks non weight bearing and my right leg was pretty sore when I started walking again, had some pretty good muscle build up in it though. Or maybe just looked big compared to the other which was pretty puny when the cast came off. I was wearing oneal elements but have bought a pair of ARC's, 220 I think is the model, they are hinged and I definitely feel a lot safer while wearing them.