Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 11-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Banned

Default Flexx bar Slide and ride

Steve Beane and I spent the day riding in St. George, Utah at the 4th annual Flexx bar Slide and Ride event. We did some absolutely pristine single track in the red rocks of St. George.

Steve and I had the honor of riding with Clay and special guests which included David Knight (courtesy of Sherco off-road) Mike Brown, Destry Abbot, Cory Graffunder, Jacob Argubright and a bunch of other great riders. It was just a great bunch of guys and gals who really love the sport. There wasn't any attitudes among anyone and the pro riders were eager to help out on the tough obstacles if needed. I have to comment, Clay you really impressed me watching you go off the 10'+ drop off the rocks. Steve was equally impressive in the washes taking the tight high speed turns up on the sides of the rocks. A special thanks to Jacob, Megan and Steve for convincing me to enter the Rookie class at the Vegas EnduroX. A day I will never forget and my body will never stop feeling!!!

The trails included sandy washes, sand dunes, slick rock, desert single track and some spooky trail down a cliff with a tight squeeze and a sketchy drop off. One comment overheard was, "who the Hell rides a bike in this stuff", that person shall remain anonymous. We started the morning off immediately in some of the thickest sand I have ever ridden in. Think pudding! Followed by a tough hill climb and then off to the red slick rock were we got to watch the pros tackle some great obstacles. Then we rode out to sand dunes out in the middle of all this rock. Ending the morning with a tough downhill and a gnarly cliff to the left. Maxxis tire provided a lunch for all the riders while we took a short break. We continued on with a 2nd loop which to me was the best of the two. Everywhere you looked there was so much rock to play on. Steve and I had the only two Gassers at the event and they held there own against every other bike. And received comments about "how damned sexy" they are.

My hats off to Flexxbar for putting on such a great event and laying out all the trail for us to ride on.

Sorry I didnt get any pictures out riding, I did get GoPro footage that I will edit when I get back home. I did manage to snap this photo with my phone. Steve Beane is in the foreground on the left with Mike and Destry in the back.

Last edited by desertgasser300; 11-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

That's frickin' cool

Looking forward to seeing the GP footage; riding in Utah is one of those things on my to-do list. I've read incredible ride reports from guys riding Moab; not sure how close that is to where you were, but I've heard it's amazing.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Which one is Steve, I would like to put a face with my forks...
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:35 PM

Far left, front with the Ford shirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thanks Armin,
Hey Steve!
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.