Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 AM

Default what suspension on this bike?

there's an '08 gasser for sale with broken engine (con rod needs replacement, and maybe some more stuff,haven't seen the bike in real life)
what i was wondering is, what suspension is on this bike, is this a racing, with full ohlins TTX on it?
in that case, would an average rider benifit from the plus on these suspension components?
i've got an ec 200 now (2001) with a great lil' crisp engine but with not the greatest forks (wp 43mm sticky ones), so maybe i'd concider putting that engine in this frame

thanks guys.
ciao, Hannes.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Looks like the Standard öhlins Fork And shock.
GG Sold this combination on request.
No TTX
Old 05-11-2013, 01:10 PM

so this is not a racing version?
46 or 48mm ohlins?
i've read that these are pretty darn good stock
you think these are any good?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:59 PM

The öhlins Fork is a very very Good Fork and much better than every other Stock Suspension.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

The shock is just a 888 model. Not TTX. I can't tell enough about the forks from the pic but the image initially made me think RFX. They are optional on the newer models and a complete Ohlins fork with TTX internally. These may not be those though. You'd have to contact the seller and get more info. Should be easy to tell just by looking at the fork cap.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 PM

Ya if you can see the fork cap I thought rfx but would seem strange to spend that kind of money then go with a 888??
Old 05-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
Ya if you can see the fork cap I thought rfx but would seem strange to spend that kind of money then go with a 888??
Not really. I found the TTX inserts a HUGE improvement over the Sachs internals. The TTX shock was better than the 888 (stock for stock). Both could have used a revalve and I will be doing both at some point, but I assume a well setup 888 would do everything we'd ask of it once tuned. IE a well tuned 888 would out perform a stock TTX, and could be had for significantly less.

Also, being a Racing model I'd say the bike would have came with the Sachs/888 combo like my 2010 Racing model did, and that the bulk of the issues would have been in the fork, thus the owner would have only replaced what wasn't working. Why he went full RFX over inserts would be a question. Very possible they broke the Sachs and couldn't get any replacement parts. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 PM

I TOTALLY disagree, my ttx shock was night and day better over my bro Inlaws and buddies 888. Guess preference but for my riding the stock 888 was a joke compared to my stock ttx
Old 05-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Don't get me wrong Trev. I really missed my TTX when it was back at the factory getting the shaft replaced under warranty. Its a definite improvement over a stock 888. I question how much better it would be than a well tuned 888 though. In comparison, people have invested some serious time and coin into the Sachs valve stack and while they've been able to make them work well, they still don't even come close to a stock set of TTX forks. More gains in the front end than the rear.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:46 PM

Cervantes rode the 250 with the 888. He said he preferred it over the TTX at least until a certain point in time