Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up OHLINS Close out list

OHLINS USA has posted their close out list for suspension components.
Few GasGas stuff there.

http://www.ohlinsusa.com/ohlins-usa-...road+CLEARANCE

Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 PM

I bought the last set of 1283 fork cartridges today. Wanted the shock but they only have the 1282 which is for 12 model bikes. I looked into putting the 12 linkage on my 11 but it will need fab work at the frame bracket
Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Have you got the Ohlins shock or the Sachs? You will be most impressed with the FGG1283s. What spring rates you looking at running? Also any idea what the linkage changes were between the 2011 base and race models?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 PM

I have the Sachs shock. It has been revalved and is pretty good. I plan to run .52 or .54 fork springs. I have a set of .50's and a set of .54's
The mounts on the frame are different on the 11 nambo and Cervantes and the 12 models. It looks like if you welded a bracket on the 11 frame you could fit the 12 linkage. Looks like skeeters bought up all the remaining 1182 shocks on clearance and is selling them at full retail. I guess that is capitalism at work.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Yep! I know I paid a touch more than I would have liked to for the shock but I was in that position where it was either buy it through them (they quoted me something rediculous first up and then later gave me a more realistic price) or go without. I justified the $$ because I was comparing it to buying a 2012 model which I had saved for. I plan on keeping the 2010 forever so no biggy there, and my stock Ohlins 888 had a cracked clevis and needed some work done to it. Don't think I would have worried about it otherwise. In saying that it is pretty nice
Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 AM

There may be other differences too like top shock mount position. I would think that the TTX shock can be shortened internally with a top out spacer, like any other. What if you designed a custom rocker link with the same geometry as the '11, but with a lower shock mount like the '12 to accept the eye on the '12 shock? Have a shop machine it from billet. It should fit between the pull rods. This would be a lot less involved and less risky than a frame mod and completely reversable. Probably chaper too and you could always sell it with the shock as a package.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM

That would be an option I guess. Supposedly the new linkage is a big step up in handling though. If someone could measure the linkage arms center to center and also the width of the mount at the back of the frame that would be a great help. Also how far from the flat part of the frame to the center of the pivot where the link arms mount.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:31 AM

Honestly I don't see an obvious difference that I can isolate to the '12 linkage alone. The entire bike is different as a package. I think you would have to ride an '11 Race and an '11 std or Six Days but with the same fork to draw an accurate conclusion if it would be worth it or not. My '07 Sachs is very good, I run into limitations with the 45mm fork on faster stuff first.

On the '12, now that I have the fork focused a little better, I notice the shock more, and it can use a reduction in HS comp just like every other GG Ohlins/Sachs. The fork also seems to work a bit better with a little more load on it than the 45s on the older bikes.

Is the TTX shock and all the work worth it? Cool project but in the end I doubt it will make you faster. I tend to think it has a placebo effect for the guys who spent the coin, even with the stock valving that can't be right for everyone.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

I agree. The more I ride my TTX I think if there is any adjustment it needs that I can't do myself its also the HSC.

Have a chat with Simmo737. He went the TTX fork route with the Sachs shock. The forks then showed the limitations of the shock. Pretty sure he went with a bladder kit and some other goodies and is now a very happy camper!