Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 AM

Default New bike hauler hits US market

I have not seen one of these in the flesh yet. My buddy told me about them.

http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/

-Dean
2001 Chevy Express 2500
2001 GG xc300

Old 09-10-2011, 09:25 AM

I was looking at one of these in Vegas this spring. I'll be keeping my ford van. I like the longer wheel base, back seat+3 bikes and more ground clearance that you get with a NA van. The sprinters are nice but way too much money for what you get and they seem to rust up here in the road salt capital of the world. I think Nissan missed the mark with this new van as it only comes in 1 length witch limits it's use for contractors like me. Great for electricians maybe? I guess for the guy that just wants to haul his bike it would be fine. I would like to see the VW work vans they have in europe come over here.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Banned

These things are running all around where I live. The Nissan testing grounds are just outside the city. I'm sure I will get the chance to cut one up at work!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas View Post
I was looking at one of these in Vegas this spring. I'll be keeping my ford van. I like the longer wheel base, back seat+3 bikes and more ground clearance that you get with a NA van. The sprinters are nice but way too much money for what you get and they seem to rust up here in the road salt capital of the world. I think Nissan missed the mark with this new van as it only comes in 1 length witch limits it's use for contractors like me. Great for electricians maybe? I guess for the guy that just wants to haul his bike it would be fine. I would like to see the VW work vans they have in europe come over here.
I'd like a removable bench, but I don't need the bench and bikes at the same time except in my dreams. If it can keep plywood dry, it's big enough for me.

Never did like the handling of the Fords. That bulletproof Ford front end reminds me of PDS.

I love my Chevy. It's been a very good truck. But they closed my dealer (deja vu anybody?). And GM jumped the shark on that gas tax thing. Not that I should shoot myself in the foot over politics...

Right now my old van is true economy, so she'll just keep on truckin'.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 PM

It may be practical, but boy is it ugly.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
+1 and I love my Nissan Frontier, I've had 6 or 7 Nissans and all of them have been great vehicles, no problems out of any of them but that truck and van look butt ugly.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
One man's ugly is some other dude's wife.
LOL
Old 09-10-2011, 11:08 PM

Watch the transmission in the Frontier. Actually bypass the cooler in the radiator before it fails internally and fills the trans with coolant. My wife has an '06 Pathfinder, ask me how I know. That and the fuel level sensor, front driveshaft, and fan clutch. All common issues with this platform.

I'm a Toyota man myself, love my Tundra (2nd one).
Old 09-11-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Watch the transmission in the Frontier. Actually bypass the cooler in the radiator before it fails internally and fills the trans with coolant. My wife has an '06 Pathfinder, ask me how I know. That and the fuel level sensor, front driveshaft, and fan clutch. All common issues with this platform.

I'm a Toyota man myself, love my Tundra (2nd one).
The same thing just happened to my brothers pathfinder. They got rid of it and moved on. They had a lot of problems with the power windows randomly going down when ever too.

I always drove chevy vans for work and they were OK, but I`m on my second ford 1 ton and I will not be buying anymore chev vans. Way better fuel milage and way less broken/worn out parts. We give them a good workout and load them up on the regular basis with no problems. I bought a 15 passenger van this time and removed all but 1 bench. I have 8 feet clear floorspace behind the bench and you can stand sheets up and close the door as well. The rear a/c helps keep the gas fumes at bay in the hot wheather too.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 PM

I have a little Ford Transit we use as a service vehicle and I thought it was ugly; it is but the Nissan is MO UGLY. Hey we do get 22mpg in town with the Transit at least.