Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:14 AM

Default tickover

Hi guys,

This will be a simple question for a few of you guys so i thought i would ask here rather than trail around for information elsewhere.

I have a 02 ec 300 and when the engine is ticking over in nuetral the bike does not sound as it should, sort of like when you can tell you have not engaged nuetral properly and the bike doesnt sound as it normally does. The bike returns to normal when i pull the clutch in, the engine sounds sweet as it always as in the past. Any ideas?

The bike is riding fine when i am on it, engine sounds great, no gear change problems.

any help appreciated.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:51 AM

If it's really loud you might want to pull the clutch cover and check the clutch basket for wear or notching. It's also possible the rivets on the back side of the basket could be coming loose. That has happened to some of the folks that post on this site.
My bike does this a little, always has. But it isn't real loud and has never changed tone so I don't worry about it.
Good luck!

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 01-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Mine makes a whirring noise which dissappears when the clutch is pulled, Always has since I bought it.
I remember doing the same as you and posting on here and I think everyone said it was normal back then too.
Cheers Mark
Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 AM

Smile

cheers fellas,

i didnt think it was anything major to worry about. Will monitor it though.
thanks again