Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Beta Steve Beta Steve is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple Valley WA
Posts: 121
Default Yamaha no more

Hello all, those of you that rode with me on Roscoes meet n greet last month know I was on a YZ250F at the time. Now my garage is sporting the Air Group Racing, and freshly dirty, 2011 300 until recently seen on the Seattle Craigslist.
Lots of Enduro Engineering and other aftermarket stuff on it, had a great first ride yesterday! My questions to other owners are these: Did this bike come with a map switch, could you tell any difference, and with it's removal which map is it in? Thanks in advance, have a great Fathers Day!


Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 06-17-2012, 12:55 PM
kdxtreme kdxtreme is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Howies bike oh no just kidding, the map should be on the frame rail next to the tank they didnt put them on the bars in 2011. Have fun on that thing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2012, 04:02 PM
firffighter's Avatar
firffighter firffighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Boring, OR
Posts: 713
Default

I was watching that bike to! Great bike that was loaded.

Have fun, enjoy!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM
einsteingarage einsteingarage is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Concord NH
Posts: 452
Default

Map switch should be on the left side radiator hose under the rad scoop. At about 10 o'clock when looking at the gas petcock.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 PM
bukwheat's Avatar
bukwheat bukwheat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tightwoods, Alabama
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteingarage View Post
Map switch should be on the left side radiator hose under the rad scoop. At about 10 o'clock when looking at the gas petcock.
Yep, thats where mine is at also....
__________________
Alan
14GasGas ec300r
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Beta Steve Beta Steve is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple Valley WA
Posts: 121
Default

That's where it is, thanks! On the trials bikes they are labelled rain and sun, but the stickers are gone on my 300, and I don't remember which is which. Little button pushed in is? Also on the trials bikes, there wasn't much difference to be felt, except at very high rpm. Same here?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 PM
desertgasser300 desertgasser300 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hot A@% desert AZ.
Posts: 1,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgastrials View Post
That's where it is, thanks! On the trials bikes they are labelled rain and sun, but the stickers are gone on my 300, and I don't remember which is which. Little button pushed in is? Also on the trials bikes, there wasn't much difference to be felt, except at very high rpm. Same here?
Little button=cloud
Big button=sun

Thats what it is on my07'.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 PM
bowhunter007's Avatar
bowhunter007 bowhunter007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Posts: 976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgastrials View Post
Hello all, those of you that rode with me on Roscoes meet n greet last month know I was on a YZ250F at the time. Now my garage is sporting the Air Group Racing, and freshly dirty, 2011 300 until recently seen on the Seattle Craigslist.
Lots of Enduro Engineering and other aftermarket stuff on it, had a great first ride yesterday! My questions to other owners are these: Did this bike come with a map switch, could you tell any difference, and with it's removal which map is it in? Thanks in advance, have a great Fathers Day!
Steve! My friend Chris just purchased a 2012 EC300 R. We'll have do another local Gasser Gathering, schedues permiting. I rode Chris's new toy, today. Nice! It makes my '01 feel sort of piggish. Short of running a little rich, it's a damn nice machine.
__________________
All healed up, and ready to burn some fat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM
rickster2 rickster2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Posts: 47
Default

I also bought one of the Airgroup Racing 2011 300's. My bike has pastic with Travis Anderson's name??? Lot's of nice aftermarket parts and I am loving the bike. Good luck and congrats on the switch. I predict you will never go back to blue.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Beta Steve Beta Steve is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple Valley WA
Posts: 121
Default

Hey Bill I was out on Howell Lake trail at Tahuya yesterday, saw a guy on a brand new '12 300, maybe your freind? Rickster, story is my bike was a spare so no name on the custom decals, of which I got plenty of extras. My YZ was white, and I loved it, but wanted something more purpose built rather than a converted MX'er. I think I'll keep this one a while... Thanks everybody for the responses, this is a great group of people for sure!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riding the yamaha.. Jakobi Ride Reports 18 12-24-2011 06:29 AM
Yamaha Goes Cannondale......Almost Rick All Other Bikes... 8 04-23-2010 07:43 PM
CCM + Yamaha Rick General Discussions & Announcements 0 06-25-2009 12:30 PM
450 FSE = Yamaha MtnRider Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 1 08-17-2008 01:32 PM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - GasGasRider.org