Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Rich 2007 EC300 Wants #8 Slide

I have been methodically leaning out the jetting on a new to me 2007 EC300.

The bike started out with a CCK needle, #7 slide, 172 main jet and 45 pilot jet. Plug was black and wet. Bike did not need choke to start. Would not idle and would blubber badly until cleaned out on the main jet where it would go from blubbering to picking up the front wheel and screaming.

I cleaned the nasty Ethanol fuel green film out of the carb, mixed fresh 93 octane gas 50:1 Klotz Super-Techniplate, set the float level to start with but that did not help. So I cleaned/polished the float valve seat and installed a new spring loaded needle valve but the bike was still very rich.

I tried all of the normal needles and main jets and pilot jets and set the fuel level in the float bowl a little lower so the bike doesn't drain fuel on the side stand. She finally ended up with a NECF needle with clip in the top position, #8 slide with a notch I cut, 38 pilot jet and 168 main jet. It was about 50 degrees when I tested it last night and it ran relatively clean throughout the rev range.

Compression is good at 165 psi, the reeds are original but are not chipped yet. I wonder if they are a bit weak? There is just enough hours on the bike to wear out the original chain. Sprockets still look good and you can see cross hatching inside the cylinder and not too much piston ring blow by when you remove the expansion chamber and peek in the exhaust port.

This bike seems to like a lot leaner jetting than anything else I have seen listed.

Should I be looking at anything else?

Thanks, Steve