Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 12-09-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletracker View Post
I owned a 2008 Beta 400RR for a few months before the parts situation ran me off. That bike was jinxed.

The week after I bought it the dealership was closed down for illegal activities and they didn't submit my paperwork showing that I bought the bike. That took about 6 months to straighten out.

The dealership that I hooked up with in CA was terrible. I ordered parts that the manager claimed to have in stock, but a week later he still hadn't got around to shipping them. This happened more than once. Then I was shipped the wrong parts because the 08 used some leftover parts, so they weren't sure what my bike came with. I didn't find that out until I got the wrong parts. Anyway this type of scenario took place for the entire time I had the bike. I decided to get rid of it for that reason only. BTW, the dealership won Beta's dealer of the year award!

To top it off I sold it to the owner of TrailTricks in CA, and he arranged the shipping. It was shipped part way by train and the train actually derailed on the way there and the bike burned up! Insurance refused to reimburse him because they said it was an act of God. That's some crazy stuff. I don't think my wife would let me buy another one even if I wanted to.

I could go on, but I think I made my point about the older models. I'm guessing things are much better now, but my experience with a good bike was nothing but bad.
Wow...what a nightmare!!!! I'm happy to say I have had great service with my Beta dealer and with my bike ..an 09' Beta 525 RS. I'd be scared of Beta's too if I'd have had your experience though.. jinxed is the word!!!