Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:13 PM

Question 2002 ec 250 Engine noise

I am a bit new to the enduro bikes and two strokes, I just picked up a 2002 ec 250 and i have noticed a rattlle from the engine, and it seems to have flat spots Any Ideas ? could it need new piston and rings ?
Also I need a manual for servicing and parts, I cant find a down load. the gas gas spain site doesnt do one for the 2002 model !

Old 02-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hard to say without opening it up. If I just got it and didn't know its history I would open it up and inspect it and at least throw a new set of rings on it if everything looked good inside. It very well could be, just your powervalve rattling, thats pretty common, and won't hurt anything. As far as the flat spots maybe a jetting issue?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:34 PM

I bet the rattling you're hearing is the chain slapping on the plastic guard just behind the front sprocket. It's made from very hard plastic. It sounds like the noise is coming from the motor.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:27 PM

Thanks for your sdvice, I will have a look, and Idea on a pdf nanual for the 2002 ec250 ?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Administrator

I scanned in the 2002 owners manual a few years back for someone who didn't receive one for his bike. It is labeled "service manual" - but there wasn't a service manual available for the bikes until recently. You can find it here...

www.gasgasrider.org/gg_ec2002_man.pdf

You can find a parts fiche for your bike on-line at the www.gofasters.com.

I was shying away from pulling all the manuals onto this site, since most exist elsewhere. But to provide for one-stop shopping, I will pull them all over to the manuals section of this website.

jeff
webmaster
gasgas riders club

p.s. The flat spot might be the stock jetting - I found my 2001 to have a horrible transition off-idle to mid. Since my best friend sells jetting kits for the bike - I will leave it to others to recommend a solution for you. If you have something like a N1EC or N1ED needle in there - start looking for something else... Another vote here for the chain slap or power valve for your rattling - does it happen as you back off the throttle? Can you provide more detail on when you hear it (rpm, accellerating, decellerating etc.)
Old 02-22-2007, 05:08 AM

Thumbs up problem solved

Thanx guys, it was the chain bit making the noise, thanx for the manual down load, I will investigate the needles, it may be this causing the problem.
Great site