Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:40 PM

Default White Knuckle Grand Prix - March 28th, 2009

Any PNW riders going to the White Knuckle? Has anyone been in the past? I'm thinking about checking it out since I'd like to get some more riding in before the Desert 100.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I will not be making the trek over for it this time. The enduro opener is the same weekend on the wet side

Two seasons ago, I broke my leg in its first year held at that site. it happened in about 10 seconds of racing. 50 MPH + end of start straight went down hard. Broke helmet face guard, re arranged Sub frame, lucky I wasn't run down in the dust as I had a great start, made 1 lap called it a day.
Steve, here is some valuable advise for you if you decide to go. Use soft terrain tires and a filter skin or pre filter.

Although this is in Odessa, the area used is up the hill above town and has virtually no rocks, it is used as farm land most of the year. Prepare for rut racing.

Prep your bike and body for silt fields galore if it is dry leading up to the event. I never heard of so many motors failing in a race till that one. Some filters were actually getting so clogged up the motors flow pulled the filter inside out. Others just could not breath and the motor would not run, those guys were the lucky ones. My filter after 1 lap weighed like 5 pounds.

The course was cool though, they had all the usual desert type terrain and an enduro cross section they built. If its wet before hand, that place should be a kick.

Good luck if you go!
Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!