Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Default battery power problem

the bike is a 2002 GG400 FSE..... and its got some serious problems...

We put a brand new batter in it... got 30 min or so ... then it died.......We leave it on the trickle charger all night long... it fires up fine in the morning... will run for about 30 min... He shuts it off... and when he tries to restart it.. nothing... no power.. its just dead!

So he and his friends have tossed around the idea that there is a drain somewhere... a disconected wire?? I DONNO!

im trying to get it fixed for him secretly as a gift.....Cause right now we are both taking turns on mine.. which means we are limited for mostly track riding... and thats just no fun!

so has anyone experianced this before??? does anyone have a wiring diagram??

PLZ help!

Last edited by GalenaGasGas; 04-15-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM

First thing you need to do before diving into the wiring is determine if the bike is charging the battery. Charge the battery first. Start the bike or turn the lights on for about 1 or 2 minutes. This will remove the "surface charge". Use a voltmeter to see what voltage the battery is at (with the bike not running). Now start the bike and check the voltage again while it is running with lights off, at idle, lights on, high idle, etc. If everything is working it should read higher than the initial reading, somewhere around 13 to 14 volts.

If it isn't charging now is the time to check over all your wiring connections. Hopefully someone else can chime in for that part as I am unfamiliar with that bike. One or 2 people on this board have had a wire break loose from the stator (behind the flywheel) and cause this type of problem too. Good luck.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 PM

I belive they have done all that...
they said the bike runs solely off the battery... thus it dies so fast... Left on the trickle charger it charges right up again...and then dies when being used..

we even got a new battery and tried that thinking it was the old battery... and well the new battery didnt last more then 30 min either
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM

If you are sure the bike ISN'T charging I would probably call GoFasters if you are here in the states, they can tell you if there is a voltage regulator (I think there is), it may be fried. But the stator may be FUBAR also, either way they can set you up with the parts needed. Pull the seat and tank and be sure all connectors are together good and tight before replacing any parts.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)