Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Gas Gas Demo Event

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone that attended the GAS GAS OFFROAD U.S. demo event this past weekend at the "Loretta Lynn Fall Trail Ride". The test rides went smooth as clock work, and we had guys waiting to ride the 250 and 300 all day Fri. and Sat. The only time the bikes weren't running, was when I had to top the tanks off!

Also a special thank you goes out to Clay Hedgpath for prepping the bikes, Gas Gas dealers Dave Brown from "Central KY Competition", Elizabethtown, KY (270) 982-2142, Donnie Graham from "Grahams Gas Gas" in Senatobia, MS. (662) 562-8711, and of course...to Clay Stuckey for making all this possible!

No crashes, no complaints, just lots of good questions from riders wanting to learn more about Gas Gas motorcycles. Seemed like everyone had the same response as they climbed off the 250 or 300..."I had no idea the bikes were this good. The power of the Gas Gas is actually usable, compared to my XC-W, and steers better than anything I've ever ridden". Considering the conditions in TN. was dry, VERY dusty, and the demo loop being only 2 miles long, this obviously says allot about the brand. Having that many riders that had never been on a GG, and able to see that much difference in such a short amount of time, just imagine how happy they would be after riding some snotty tight single track all day!

All in all, a great way to spend the weekend, and the best part (for me anyway)...I didn't have to clean up the bikes afterwards!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Banned

Zachary isn't very happy because he has to wash all of the bikes today!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM

It was great getting to meet Rod, David, and Clay at Loretta's this past weekend. They did an awesome job and the demo ride was a huge success. These new bikes are fantastic in both looks and performance. The 300 had the new Recluse XP and I loved the way they had it set up - it seemed to take some of the edge off the 300's raw power while lever feel was close to a standard clutch. The 250 seemed to have more torque than my 07 gasser had when it was new (and still a 250). Both bikes had Sachs suspension front and rear and worked very well.
My hat's off to these guys - a lot of interest for our brand was generated this past weekend.