Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 AM

I went though the BYOB part by part and came up with a "you'll be sleeping in the jeep" answer.. I dont think at this time I could swing the new BYOB.. but I really like the 450 and 520 as DS mounts.. saw the ones at the hammer run back in november. Had to say they looked great! really nice and ergonomics were great for me.. I'm barely 5'7"..I sat on the 450? and another one I cant remember the other size/year that was there..

03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone

Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 PM

i dont know why anyone would upgrade to the ttx on there byob program and pay 1100 bucks and not get the stock sachs internals when you could buy the bike as stock and buy the inserts for 900 bucks save 200 and have the stock internals when you sell the bike????
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM

It is a pretty looking bike Leon.

What's the story on the studded tires? Can you buy them or do you need to make them? How much weight do you think they add and how do they hold up?

Maybe that's what I need to keep me riding in the winter. I bet traction on ice or frozen ground or frozen snow is great.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:30 AM

Hi!

Thanks guys. Yesterday I had one more good training. The bike rips, definitely. Very controllable power band. It never stalls, and then builds up revs quickly without any hesitation. After the hit and until the rev limiter (I used 3rd fully several times) it is more like the YZ250 08 I had high up and low to mid is more like the EC250 '07 (with more torque) but snappier. The hit is strong but very controllable. Still I haven't tried the different settings on the powervalve. I can make it 4 turns softer, or 2,5 turns more aggressive. I want to get used with the standard setting for better understanding later the alternatives. Very happy now after these two normal rides and yesterday I had the sag at 105mm greatly improving the ride. I could really be more aggressive.

Spike tires are necessary in the snow. Traction is great, better or worser depending on the brand of tire and how many spikes one uses.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback!! The Beta's are great bikes and I figured the 2 stroke would be good. I love my 09 525 Beta and I know the newer generation Beta is better... I still have my cr 250 and my 01 300 ec. Both are good bikes but the thought of that electic start and 6 gears with Beta handling is a lure.. I don't know though. The new gasgas look excellent too. The electic start 2t 300 enduro bike with 6 speed is a must. That just limits to a few choices out there. I have the Beta ahead by a nose to the gasgas and the ktm a more distant third. I'd love a factory 498 Beta too.. Might as well dream big while I'm window shopping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXkCZniLb8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTaH0UW84V8
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 AM

AmBeta announced the 2013 Race Replica bikes last week, and lo and behold you can get the 300 with special graphics, a gripper seat cover and ...wait for it ... red-legged Marzocchi 48 CC forks!
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
AmBeta announced the 2013 Race Replica bikes last week, and lo and behold you can get the 300 with special graphics, a gripper seat cover and ...wait for it ... red-legged Marzocchi 48 CC forks!
Can you get a 250 too? I looked at the American Beta site and couldn't find any info.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM

The Race Replicas are limited to the 300RR and a couple of the 4 strokes I believe.
Steven Beane #275

afterhourscycle.com
Old 02-11-2013, 02:52 PM

Had the first ride on the 300 on Saturday. Did setup on the bike last week, greasing bearings and anti-seizing small fasteners. Nice build quality, and smart design. Fit and finish of plastic and small bits are really nice, comparable to a Japanese bike. Braided steel brake lines, tool less access to the Twin Air filter, full street legal wiring and lighting, all that was missing is turn signals. NKN bearings that even had some lithium grease in them! Nicely detailed machine.

Only three things I didn't like about this bike. First, the tank is about .75 gallons too small for two hour hare scrambles. IMS is working on new tanks, 2.8 or 3.2 gallons, they should be out in March. Second, the right rear numberplate has a square leading edge that pranged me right in the calf repeatedly - gave me a nice Beta bruise. I'll have to fix up some padding above my boot (I'm 6'1" tall). Third, the fork is harsh in the midstroke and uses up a lot of the stroke in deep whoops. I'm 190 lbs without gear. I'll need stiffer springs front and rear for my weight. Talking to Stillwell Performance about getting the fork revalved right away before the race season starts and just be done with it.

Rest of the bike is fantastic. Turns great, starts first kick, clutch action is smooth, gearing seemed on even with the 48T rear, and the power is amazing. Smooth off the bottom and then just keeps pulling. Top end is strong, I don't see need to touch this motor at all. Stock jetting was much closer than what I experienced with Gassers. I'm happy I dove in and took a chance on this bike, sight unseen.

'13 Beta 300RR - race bike
'02 GG300XC - "Billie Baroo"
'01 DR650
'02 GG 280 Pro
'06 YZ 250
'07 WR450
'00 TT125RL
'94 YZ200 - custom keeper
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Had the first ride on the 300 on Saturday. Did setup on the bike last week, greasing bearings and anti-seizing small fasteners. Nice build quality, and smart design. Fit and finish of plastic and small bits are really nice, comparable to a Japanese bike. Braided steel brake lines, tool less access to the Twin Air filter, full street legal wiring and lighting, all that was missing is turn signals. NKN bearings that even had some lithium grease in them! Nicely detailed machine.

Only three things I didn't like about this bike. First, the tank is about .75 gallons too small for two hour hare scrambles. IMS is working on new tanks, 2.8 or 3.2 gallons, they should be out in March. Second, the right rear numberplate has a square leading edge that pranged me right in the calf repeatedly - gave me a nice Beta bruise. I'll have to fix up some padding above my boot (I'm 6'1" tall). Third, the fork is harsh in the midstroke and uses up a lot of the stroke in deep whoops. I'm 190 lbs without gear. I'll need stiffer springs front and rear for my weight. Talking to Stillwell Performance about getting the fork revalved right away before the race season starts and just be done with it.

Rest of the bike is fantastic. Turns great, starts first kick, clutch action is smooth, gearing seemed on even with the 48T rear, and the power is amazing. Smooth off the bottom and then just keeps pulling. Top end is strong, I don't see need to touch this motor at all. Stock jetting was much closer than what I experienced with Gassers. I'm happy I dove in and took a chance on this bike, sight unseen.
What he said ^^^^
Steven Beane #275

afterhourscycle.com