Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Sadly, DS Plus cannot sell GasGas Enduro Motorcycles, due to their dealer agreement with a competing brand. It's a Canadian thing....
Actually, it's an illegal thing. KTM/Husky Canada is known to force their dealers to sign agreements that prevent them from selling competing Euro dirt bike brands. It's anti-competitive behaviour and wouldn't fly in most other jurisdictions. It would be nice to see the Competition Bureau put an end to the practice.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:17 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP4 View Post
Actually, it's an illegal thing. KTM/Husky Canada is known to force their dealers to sign agreements that prevent them from selling competing Euro dirt bike brands. It's anti-competitive behaviour and wouldn't fly in most other jurisdictions. It would be nice to see the Competition Bureau put an end to the practice.
I just sent a question form to the Competition Bureau to ask about the legalities of this practice. I'm not sure if KTM is actually breaking any laws. I'd imagine they have a team of lawyers holding them back and finding loopholes. But if they are actually forcing dealers to sign non-compete orders, and if it is illegal, I intend to find out and sic the guberment on them.

I'm sick of big companies pulling tricks like that. Its just one of the reasons I dislike Harley. After what they did to Excelsior Henderson in the late 90's I'll never even consider owning one of their machines.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:22 PM

KTM was reprimanded by the Competition Bureau over this practice and KTM has sent letters to dealers stating that that clause of the dealer agreement has been removed.

As a former KTM/Husaberg dealer I actually was interviewed by the Competition Bureau people over a year ago regarding this issue.

If DSP doesnt order GG Enduro bikes it is because they have chosen not to, not because KTM is disallowing it.

I hope GG sets up Rob Lang as a dealer. He is definitely interested in becoming a dealer and would do a great job at it.

Last edited by ScottyR; 09-14-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
KTM was reprimanded by the Competition Bureau over this practice and KTM has sent letters to dealers stating that that clause of the dealer agreement has been removed.

As a former KTM/Husaberg dealer I actually was interviewed by the Competition Bureau people over a year ago regarding this issue.

If DSP doesnt order GG Enduro bikes it is because they have chosen not to, not because KTM is disallowing it.

I hope GG sets up Rob Lang as a dealer. He is definitely interested in becoming a dealer and would do a great job at it.
Interesting. I had a feeling that could be what was going on...... We'll see what happens.

Rob Lang is great at nearly everything Enduro based.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:12 PM

Default 2018 Gasser gp300

Road a 2018 gasser ec300, xc300 and a husq tx300. The tx is an awesome bike no doubt and gas gas has become a modern bike to be reckoned with.
Im looking for a bike to ride offroad and make some adjustments and ride track.
The husqy did great off road but i wasn't quite able to get it hard enough for the track.
Gasser with the new kyb setup i was able to bounce the rocks on trail and a few clicks and i had a decent track ride.
I'm a 175 lb averge rider and have riden dirt all my life ..50+
I had one other gasser, 2011 ec300 that had kyb retro forks. What a great handling and riding setup.
I was going to get the husqy but then gasser made all these great changes and what a ride. Way better than the 2011 with the same great tractor pulling motor. A very balance bike that corners well and doesnt knife under.
The hard part was to ec or xc....then i decide to get xc and add lights. But wait....then i found out there is the gp300 that brings both together with a really trick triple clamp with many other options that are awesome and fashioned after their race bike. Also there are only 50 coming in the US. Should be great resale market on them.
The final nit for me was when i was on the husky i felt like i had put on a nice glove that fit well.
When i ride the Gasser i feel like i had put on that glove that was a good friend i had broken in and had no bad spots.
So i decided to ride the friend that HAD all the RIGHT STUFF. Awaiting order.
More to come........
Colt
Ake! Kia Kaha
Old 02-07-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpwhitesr@aol.com View Post
Road a 2018 gasser ec300, xc300 and a husq tx300. The tx is an awesome bike no doubt and gas gas has become a modern bike to be reckoned with.
Im looking for a bike to ride offroad and make some adjustments and ride track.
The husqy did great off road but i wasn't quite able to get it hard enough for the track.
Gasser with the new kyb setup i was able to bounce the rocks on trail and a few clicks and i had a decent track ride.
I'm a 175 lb averge rider and have riden dirt all my life ..50+
I had one other gasser, 2011 ec300 that had kyb retro forks. What a great handling and riding setup.
I was going to get the husqy but then gasser made all these great changes and what a ride. Way better than the 2011 with the same great tractor pulling motor. A very balance bike that corners well and doesnt knife under.
The hard part was to ec or xc....then i decide to get xc and add lights. But wait....then i found out there is the gp300 that brings both together with a really trick triple clamp with many other options that are awesome and fashioned after their race bike. Also there are only 50 coming in the US. Should be great resale market on them.
The final nit for me was when i was on the husky i felt like i had put on a nice glove that fit well.
When i ride the Gasser i feel like i had put on that glove that was a good friend i had broken in and had no bad spots.
So i decided to ride the friend that HAD all the RIGHT STUFF. Awaiting order.
More to come........
Colt
Ake! Kia Kaha
Very cool.
I'd be just as stoked about the DLC fork coatings as I would about those Xtrig triples.
Post some pics when you get it!!
Old 02-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Default Gp300

The wait is over and worth it. I have recieved my GP300 and it is awesome. What an awesome bike. I found out that the 50 GPs coming into the US is 38 300s and 12 250s so i feel really fortunate to have one. Pics attached. I know that this dealer has one more coming soon if you are interested. Dealer is Moto Center in Mesa, AZ, 480.642.6686, motocenteraz.com ask for David.
Happy trails
Colt
Ake! Kia Kaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180210_150907.jpg (127.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 5588.jpg (133.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 20180210_150926.jpg (126.7 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-12-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
The wait is over and worth it. I have recieved my GP300 and it is awesome. What an awesome bike. I found out that the 50 GPs coming into the US is 38 300s and 12 250s so i feel really fortunate to have one. Pics attached. I know that this dealer has one more coming soon if you are interested. Dealer is Moto Center in Mesa, AZ, 480.642.6686, motocenteraz.com ask for David.
Happy trails
Colt
Ake! Kia Kaha
Sweet!

You live in AZ? Race AMRA?
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 02-13-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
Sweet!

You live in AZ? Race AMRA?
Yes Colt, you'll have to take the bike on tour and get us AZ guys jealous. I want to see that beauty in person
Old 02-13-2018, 10:48 PM

Default 2018 Gasser gp300

Hopefully we'll se ya all out and about. Your welcome to try it out when i see ya