Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Default Trail Map of Clanton enduro by TrailTech Voyager GPS

I had posted this over on KTMTALK and wasn't sure how many of y'all go over there so I thought I'd post it here so youse guys could see it too....

Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 AM

Are the trails legal/public to ride any time ? If not, I would think the event organizers might not be happy about it being posted.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
Are the trails legal/public to ride any time ? If not, I would think the event organizers might not be happy about it being posted.
I was thinking the same thing. Not that it would be easy to follow that, but you could probably find your way in. Maybe it's a New England thing but we like to have self-destructing route sheets.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Not that it would be easy to follow that, but you could probably find your way in. Maybe it's a New England thing but we like to have self-destructing route sheets.
Yeah, I think its a New England thing, as you both were the first to even mention a paranoia about it....
With the land problems y'all have up there, I can understand your paranoia. I could not live under those conditions, but thats just me....
Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 AM

That is cool Bukwheat. You can see the Dam at the south end of Lay lake to the right on your map. Clanton Track & Trail is only open to members unless it is a race day. I spoke with the owner about membership Saturday and I think it's well worth the money. Mr. Petty & his son Brian are good people. There is around 1300 acres I think, & like 35-40 members. I live about 20 minuites from Clanton. Where you from Bukwheat? I think there is some "tightwoods" about everywhere I have ridden in Alabama!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdad316 View Post
That is cool Bukwheat. You can see the Dam at the south end of Lay lake to the right on your map. Clanton Track & Trail is only open to members unless it is a race day. I spoke with the owner about membership Saturday and I think it's well worth the money. Mr. Petty & his son Brian are good people. There is around 1300 acres I think, & like 35-40 members. I live about 20 minuites from Clanton. Where you from Bukwheat? I think there is some "tightwoods" about everywhere I have ridden in Alabama!
I've got a Bessemer address but I live way out in the country, near the far end of South Shades Crest.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM

I hear ya, I bet you have ridden all the old fun places out that way along the Cahaba river, the gaslines and "the Bowl". There was a lot of riding by the Hoover Met, or whatever they call the baseball stadium now. I don't know how much land is still accessable since so many houses were built out there, I got a ticket from a game warden about 5 years ago after crossing a barricade on that management land and I have'nt been back. We have some great riding here in central Alabama unfortunately much of it is now hunting clubs or subdivisions.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdad316 View Post
I hear ya, I bet you have ridden all the old fun places out that way along the Cahaba river, the gaslines and "the Bowl". There was a lot of riding by the Hoover Met, or whatever they call the baseball stadium now. I don't know how much land is still accessable since so many houses were built out there, I got a ticket from a game warden about 5 years ago after crossing a barricade on that management land and I have'nt been back. We have some great riding here in central Alabama unfortunately much of it is now hunting clubs or subdivisions.
Yeah, I got to ride some of the old areas. I used to live real close to the bowl down in Alabaster. One time, me and a bunch of buddies met at a friends house in Bluff Park, rode out his back gate and followed trails all the way down to the bowl. All in all, we went about 75 miles round trip. Used to ride a bunch where Minooka is now when we could still go over to the other side of I65. That was some fantastic riding, miles and miles of trails and logging roads.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
Yeah, I think its a New England thing, as you both were the first to even mention a paranoia about it....
With the land problems y'all have up there, I can understand your paranoia. I could not live under those conditions, but thats just me....
We're reaching our breaking point.
Got room for 2 more GG riders down there ?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
We're reaching our breaking point.
Got room for 2 more GG riders down there ?
Loadem up and come on down but you're gonna have to lose the accent....