Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson_hollow View Post
They also get the camber to 10 degrees which works well. I put 4-1 Hipers up front to suck it down a little more and it works great here in the Eastern woods. It's now around 47".
I wish Gas Gas would go back to the 300 engine in their quad. Everyone makes a good four stroke quad. They just never developed a market for this great machine.
The camber is the same (angle between floor and wheels). The caster is the angle that influences on rider arms (it is the position of upper ball joint relative to lower ball joint).

Old 11-17-2010, 02:00 PM

i have a motor here that also twisted the balance shaft, is that a common problem to do that???
Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroker View Post
The camber is the same (angle between floor and wheels). The caster is the angle that influences on rider arms (it is the position of upper ball joint relative to lower ball joint).
You are right. I meant caster.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Default 300 rebuild

sorry guys i've been at work, since my last post i've had a few things happen, the frame was stripped of all mounts and the bottom tubes replaced and braced, then i was told about an open day at the local track so i bolted it all back together at the last minute to go for a ride on the race track, everyhing going well, i did a compresion check with a meter and it didn't have pressure just a percentage, it said 100%, i'm not sure wether its 100% good or bad. any way i took it to the track 7 hours after it was finished and got it scrutineered and passed, alot of people were impressed i got it together and running, got onto the start line, 15 second board came up, then it all went wrong, throttle jammed on flat out which blew the reeds out the wrong way , and shut down on the line. i quickly got to the pits and put a new cable on but no spare reeds. oh well. i've now ordered the reeds and got the local gasgas dealer to price up all my bits for the motor rebuild.

The counter balance shafts are an issue but what it was that bit me was the screws that hold the alternator windings in the cover let go into the counter balance weight on the left side which temporarily stoped it at 10-15000rpm, not sure but i know i was going fast, it snapped the key and welded the gear in the right side of the shaft but welded it 180" out of sync. the nut came off and also dropped to the bottom of the clutch cover luckily not breaking anyting else. i took the shaft out and capped the holes but after runing it without it i might be putting it back in if i can get one from the supplier a i had to cut mine out.

I havn't done my A-arms, i just got bigger forearms. i like the steering the way it is, its good for high speed which is mostly what i do. can you PM me the details of the A-arm mod anyway just so if i want to i know what to do.

Cheers Guys and thanks for your help so far.

Bill
Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 PM

updates? pics?
Old 02-20-2011, 03:55 AM

Default 300 rebuild

Well so far not much has happend but everytime i take it out i lose my muffler, the brackets keep snapping from the vibraions, I am now the President of our local ATV club so the wife has told me to get it done but the person i was getting my bits from had an issue with our local quadshop so i'm back to square one. if there is anyone out there that can help me let me know. In the meantime i've rebuilt my sons quad, a matif 125. I will get some footage of the bikes next weekend as its our open day.

Cheers Bill
Old 05-25-2011, 02:52 PM

Again bump updates