Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default I have joined The Family :)

I have been riding a very nice Beta 450 (plated) for the last year and was planning on keeping it for another four years. I was for the most part happy with the bike and although I rarely took it on the road it was nice to have the option to do so in California as you cannot plate any bike unless it was purchased new as an approved dual-sport. Since purchasing the Beta we moved out of CA and last month a friend of ours came over and went riding, he was on a 2010 300.

He is a dealer and his bike was a demo that had only been ridden twice and it was for sale at a great cost. I would have not considered it in the past but now that I was out of CA I could potentially plate the bike. After lurking on this site and asking many questions (thanks to rod and s beane) I decided to roll the dice.

I was not new to the GasGas as my wife had a 01' 200 EC and currently has a 200 Trials bike. the 200 EC did have some issues so I was a bit hesitant. Many folks reassurred me that the newer models had been cleaned up a bit.

Got my 2010 300 last week and have got to put about 40 miles on it. I also ride/compete Trials and have wanted a bike that 'filled the gap' between Trials bikes and 'Big bikes'. I think I have found the machine, as all on this site know that bike is INCREDIBLY smooth and wants to turn on a dime. I can for sure feel the Trials influence in the geometry of the bike. I have not got to ride it a lot but this could quite possibly be the nicest riding bike I have owned.

The suspension is stiff right now (its new and I prefer a softer ride anyways) but I am not worried as I plan to ship it out in a few weeks.

I also got the bike plated after installing the Sicass Kit. The Sicass Kit is/was one of the nicest crafted aftermarket items I have ever purchased. I work in Aviation so I think that I have an eye for fine engineering, in one word the Sicass Kit is "clean". Going to plate my wife's bike and will be getting the Sicass Kit for hers as well.

I look forward to being on this website frequently and learning.

Thanks to all for you help,

Justin

p.s. A extremely clean and very well equipped Beta is for sale

Old 01-23-2011, 01:44 PM

Glad to have you on board. This family seems to be growing by "leaps and bounds" and I for one, am really glad to see it.

Again, welcome to the "fold", ride hard and ride safe!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:47 PM

Welcome aboard Husley!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you will be very very happy. The 300 is an awesome machine.

I also find that having a Trials bike fills the gap between my XC 300 and my TE 510 D/S.

Put some miles on her and write up a report on her.

P.s. You might want to pick up JDG001 jetting kit for her too.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 01-23-2011, 02:46 PM

Congrats. You'll love the Gasgas. Doesn't get any better than a 300 2-stoke Gasser.

Love to hear your impressions on the Beta vs. Gasgas!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:26 PM

Congrats on your new GasGas Justin and I'm sure you're gonna enjoy it.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:31 PM

Quite a few new bikes on here in the last couple of days!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post

Love to hear your impressions on the Beta vs. Gasgas!
Beta was a very very nice bike and extremely stable, however it was still a 450 4T therefore it was big and heavy.